Forums

Help › Forums

BUSHWACKING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

Wed, Feb 7 2018 1:30 PM (44 replies)
  • DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 8:41 PM

Hello All,

Gilberto and I just finished our matches. We had a great time with two fun and interesting matches. On the front nine we tied after 9 holes. On the first extra hole Gilberto nailed a birdie putt after a great recovery from a drive in the rough. Nice win 1 up.

On the back 9 I jumped off to a quick 3 up lead. Then proceeded to self destruct while Gilberto played steady. I choked on a winning putt on 17 so to 18 1 up. We both birdied it and I staggered off with the 1 up win.

So a fun filled exciting split with a great competitor and new friend.

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 7:04 AM

Apologies for jumping in your thread, seems like you're all having a great time playing this match. 

That's why I thought maybe either of your CCs would perhaps like to join in the 2018 WC?

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/499248.aspx

We need 3 more teams to have a 40 team field and both your CCs would be very welcome.

Cheers, Jure

• wishman51
    713 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 7:40 PM

Well Paul,

This time I was not up at all and ended the back 9 two down. So that's me 1 down on the front ans down 2 on the back. Carlos was a good player and we were fairly evenly matched except for the losing part. He was a lot of fun to play with.

Andrew

• Charles1553N
    1,320 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 6:44 AM

Keith and I just completed round 2. 

We both started out rather flat. Both of us missing rather easy putts. Either of us really broke through to take a commanding lead. 

We finished with me winning -4 to -3.

It was a lot of fun. 

Charles 

• asdkids
    1,039 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 3:09 AM

Had a great round with ozzieplayer .  Found out that Gary is mostly a pc player but gracefully played a found on mobile.  I Won the 1st by 5 shots.  To make the contest fair I’ll go onto pc for the return round.  . Thanks for the round til next time

• BingoMafingo
    81 Posts
    Wed, Jan 31 2018 4:52 PM

Jtcooki and I were finally able to get together and complete our first match. It was back and forth till the last hole. He had some bad luck on a shot and I hit two good shots back to back for a birdie and the win. 

I enjoyed the first round with Jeff and look forward to getting in the second round soon.

BingoMafingo -- Greg

• Jtcooki
    382 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2018 6:03 PM

BingoMafingo:

Jtcooki and I were finally able to get together and complete our first match. It was back and forth till the last hole. He had some bad luck on a shot and I hit two good shots back to back for a birdie and the win. 

I enjoyed the first round with Jeff and look forward to getting in the second round soon.

BingoMafingo -- Greg

Well Greg, I enjoyed our game as well!  Silly glitches that we have on Mobil May have contributed to my demise on that first match. Lol. 

We did play our 2nd and it was under good conditions so we went neck and neck, until Greg hit one in the water. He almost saw a miracle when his next shot lipped out.....incredible! That bogey, which he made, was the difference and I ended up with the W with a -4 to -3. 

The best part of our matches was the conversation!  He was a gentleman, funny, jovial, and simply enjoyable to engage with. I love how our creator brings us together. 

Jeff

• kishoph
    3,111 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 3:21 AM

I apologize to everyone in  the VOTSCC and Bushwackers CC, I did not know I was entered to play in this event. I did say I was interested in playing, but did not know it was taking place. I've skipped over this thread because of my ignorance, no other excuse. 

Although I do believe that if I'm matched up with someone from another club, that they also should have some responsibility to try and contact me and not just rely on one person.

Again, I am sorry, I had no business ever saying I would take part in this event, mainly because I can not commit to any set time to play in any event. I play when I free time. 

RSS