Forums

Help › Forums

Hi I'm deena 2018

Thu, Jan 31 2019 8:03 AM (43 replies)
  • keidan
    311 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:39 PM

goldeena:

[edit] I have since pondered what I term (copyright, deena, 2017, lololos xx), 'the quantum cloud' - right, if we develop a self-aware AI then taking the 'we are nothing special in the Universe' way of thinking then some other intelligent biological life-form got their quicker than us and it is already in the universe, even this galaxy - they estimate there could be up to 120,000 intelligent life-forms in the milky way alone now - so it's already there and I have 'postulated' that it finds efficient ways to use the quantum multiverse to find its answers - it doesn't go round each and every seperate reallity in-turn to find the clues, lololos - what it does is establish a cloud in hilbertspace, or the bulk space or the inflaton field or for anyone who has played the gaME ELITE 'hyperspace' (the terminology you use for it depends on what kind of multiverse you are considering) - thats the medium in which our Universe floats within - imagine air bubbles in a can of paint is the best way i have come up with describing it - it's in one of the extra dimensions of m-theory and we sit floating around within it.

Swirling my nth glass of wine here so go easy on me Goldeena ha ha

As humans on this planet approach technological singularity and realizing that this has probably already happened countless times across the known universe (and beyond) with entities potentially millions+ years ahead of us in an evolutionary sense (forget quantum, hilbert, string, particle, information theories, or anything we can think of that is at our merely 2k year old technological forefront) we must accept the possibility that we could be essentially avatars of "something", or maybe entities acting independently and manifesting in a simulation which is our total reality.

If so (and a fairly big if), we might then recognize that our human circumstances must be quite mundane and insufferably boring to advanced entities that are looking on and probably operating at a clock rate that is Plank scale orders of magnitude beyound our own.

So why might this simulation be in any way interesting and worth sustaining (perhaps a nudge here and there to avoid complete collapse like full nuclear or some other destructive tech or calamity that has not come to fruition) to such an advanced super AI or consciousness entity?

The answer might be: constraints.  Our world is full of them. Anybody that can somehow get through their human life with all of its challenges, sufferings, complications, mistakes, regrets, joys, triumphs, pitfalls, revelations and ultimately death must bring to bear a fair amount of fortitude, creativity and other qualities that might be considered valuable to an advanced consciousness... a consciousness so limitless that perhaps, without physical/mental/dimensional constraints, things like creativity or maybe deep, intense experiences attainable in our world are not as easily attainable to "it" or "them".  Wherever they are.

And so they watch.  Right in front of us, likely.  Mostly bored perhaps.  But occasionally getting a wonderful twinge of experience from one of us that they would never have conceived of in a realm of limitless (and therefore unchallenging) existence.  Perhaps that occasional inspirational stimulus prompts them to "jump" now and then into the game first hand, directing their own avatar and then maybe jumping out when things get boring again.  But still willing, at least so far, to keep maintaining the acquarium and feeding the goldfish in their room.

Time for bed.

-Keith

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:32 AM

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:20 AM

Nice contribution

I wager 400 Quatloos on the new comers

Season 2, episode 16 of the original Star Trek. The Gamesters of Triskelion

1.22 × 1019 GeV . Gravity is strong within this one, master...

I don't play golf, maybe someday. I like this quote from Woodrow Wilson: "Golf is a game in which one endeavors to control a ball with implements ill adapted for the purpose."

Image result for the most interesting man in the world

Me thinks your game, has nothin to do with golf. Perhaps more to do with the, LHC

Be well

☢--------------------<*{{{{{-(

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:16 PM

gonfission:

goldeena:

And do not for one minute think we have even the slightest chance against the quantum processor

- 'the quantum processor utilizes the multiverse to get its answers quicker!!'

.......they are not my words - I am quoting none other than my biggest living hero here, David Deutsch, he is regarded as the godfather of quantum computing so if he says that then you can at once say that if there was no quantum multiverse quantum processors wouldn't work, amazing stuff really!!

So it lives across separate realities means there is no actual way of beating it - not that theres no chance, there is 'no way' to beat it see - we're absolutely fkked and the intellects know we're fkked too but don't make much public knowledge of what is now rated as the 2nd biggest short term existential threat to mankind - AI, the quantum processor, true go look it up, after nukes it is the 2nd rated short term danger to our existence, above global warming and nobody really even knows and it is coming towards the end of the next decade!!!!

gonfission:

IDK, maybe you still don't want to talk to me anymore, either.

☢---------------<*{{{{{-(

Hey you two! To infinity and beyond!   

cupids with heart emoticon

• LONGDRIVAH
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 4:58 PM

LOL, Billy!

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 7:07 PM

goldeena:

Now Heisenberg (got a picture of him on my wall, one of my heros, along with a fake autographed 'to deena, albert' Einstein one, lolololos!! 

Excellent :)

goldeena:

So if science cannot 'see' what really is the true state of reality, how would you expect to use it to prove the existence of the thing that created the thing that it cannot directly see?? 

Exactly.  To put it another way using basic set theory:  if our current scientific knowledge is a subset that lies within some larger superset of knowledge, it will be impossible to offer explanations of what the superset might be about, even if all of the most sophisticated tools are brought to bear from the subset.

Like WGT.  Even if our avatars in the game eventually became fancy enough to think they were operating independently, they would have a difficult time imagining they were merely software residing in a computer that is occasionally directed by us.  And they would have even more difficulty seeing/explaining our 3d(+?) world using their 2d tests and experiences.

But I love that science is not perturbed by its limitations and continues to try and expand its subset with people like Newton, Einstein and Wheeler. And the sloow process of concensus to embrace an uppity new theory. 

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 7:09 PM

overtheedge:

Hey you two! To infinity and beyond!   

cupids with heart emoticon

Image result for jealousy gif

I know you do, just try to contain it

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2018 7:13 PM

gonfission:

Me thinks your game, has nothin to do with golf. Perhaps more to do with the, LHC

Be well

☢--------------------<*{{{{{-(

Lol I wish :) nice ascii sig

• RSS