Forums

Help › Forums

Good Times

Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:45 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kirbyrd
    225 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 7:18 PM

I am 58, and had never played anything like this game before. I have raised a son through his gaming years (have not ended at 24) and he tried time after time to get to play his games. Those games could not keep my interest.

I am approaching 2 years of consecutive days played. This game has me hooked and yes, it does have its issues, but that is not why I keep coming back.

June of 2016, I signed up and began play as a Hack. Few weeks later I was invited to a CC (It’s Noon Somewhere, free plug) by Greg, biggunky. As with any newbie thought I was an insurmountable task to reach 72

Greg brought in 2 additional players, another Hack (Bruce, FLYERBT) and Master (Rich, Whooshdangit). The friendships and help with those things outside the game make it easy to come back each day. I have never laughed so hard at playing badly and then get a note about a good round I may have had.

Thanks to Greg, Bruce, Rich for the Friendship, Great Times and mentoring

There are fantastic people on WGT, Phil, Ken, Paul, Dewie and Our CC will always have a place for Ray (RIP)

I do recommend Discord, I am not the greatest typist, so voice is great.

Enjoy, Keep Hitting

Byrd

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 7:05 AM

Nice to read a positive post for a change, thanks for writing it.

I've played a few rounds with Rich, a fun guy.  You've found a good place to be, I wish you many more happy days, weeks, months and years here.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 8:39 AM

It's great that you enjoy the game. I do as well and I'm not the greatest player in my club, I do enjoy the competition. Win or Lose

• kirbyrd
    225 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 9:58 AM

Thanks for the responses. This is really a Great game and Wonderful people. 

Especially when you it figure out it is you and Not WGT when the round does not go right..lol

Keep Hitting and Best Always 

byrd..(Ron)

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2018 6:39 PM

Hi Ron,

A belated well done on getting to L 97 (L 98 now) & getting the L 97 Cally Iron's.

As Ron said a great tight knit bunch of folks in "It's Noon Somewhere" where the empathis is on fun.

Catch ye soon Ron, Ken

• kirbyrd
    225 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:21 AM

Thank you Ken!!

Long and Winding Road.... Much fun and look forward to picking your brain and improving.

Play the game and join in. It will be good fun and maybe a laugh or two.

Keep Hitting!!  byrd

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:53 AM

kirbyrd:
    I have raised a son through his gaming years (have not ended at 24) and he tried time after time to get to play his games. Those games could not keep my interest.

Same here except they actually did keep my interest. The problem always was I could never beat him! Aggravation Central, every time. LOL

Then came this game and he introduced it to me. Now the losing is HIS problem. Payback, baby, getting even for all those losses.  ;-)

• kirbyrd
    225 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 12:15 PM

YankeeJim, 

My son actually invited his friends over to watch me play his games. Comedy hour for all of them. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

The friendships and what has been given to me has been overwhelming.

Appreciate all the posts and if do not mind Jim a friend request is on it's way.

Thanks All..byrd 

• dewwms
    126 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 3:09 AM

Great post Ron and cheers for the kind words

Its noon somewhere is where we all discovered discord, and sure is a fun place to be

Greg is lucky to have found you and Bruce, as well as the donught eating machine we all love - but can never find!!

Dewi

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 10:46 AM

Congrats on finding a nice cc & some good friends here Ron, keep hitting em straight :))

Bjorn 

• PAGES
RSS