Forums

Help › Forums

Club types most worth the credis?

Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:44 AM (5 replies)
  • AndersGolfer
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 3:55 PM

A set of Irons, a couple of wedges or a putter - which option gives most noteable 'gain' for the credits?

I mean if you'd buy a 5000 credit putter, would you directly go ''Wooo I play so much better I'm down to max two puts on each hole now'', or would you gain more by buying a set of Irons?

What I need most (undepending on what I choose) is a slower meter.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 9:55 AM

AndersGolfer:

A set of Irons, a couple of wedges or a putter - which option gives most noteable 'gain' for the credits?

I mean if you'd buy a 5000 credit putter, would you directly go ''Wooo I play so much better I'm down to max two puts on each hole now'', or would you gain more by buying a set of Irons?

Although better clubs do have an impact on your game . Knowing how to use them as well as good course management and shot selection are a plus . It takes time to learn how to play well and a lot of practice . You have to go at the game like its the real thing . I play the pc version of the game which is different from the mobile  in some ways .

But the one thing thats the same , is that you have to put your time in . You can buy the top clubs from driver to putter . But until you learn how to play them it will do you no good . You cant buy skill or course knowledge . Also no matter the putter you will still have to learn how to putt . You will have to learn how to read the greens breaks and understand green speed . This is not a gimme game , you get what you play for be it good or bad .

Depending how you start your club upgrade is up to you . Some will say start with the wedges for the short game . Others may say the putter for the end game . There is no certain formula its whatever you decide . But whatever your decision , be sure to make them count . Make your upgrades last for awhile and dont waste your credits .

Pace yourself so that as you move back on the tees you have the clubs to play when you move . Nothing worse to move backward on the tees and then come up short with your clubs . So take your time and dont be in a hurry to tier up . Level up fast and tier up slow and stay in front of the game .

Learn your clubs and the courses as you play . Play practice stroke play rounds and learn the different shots . Also work on your putting and play the different green speeds again in practice mode . Also start reading the old threads >>>>>>>> search>>>> as there are tons of information to help . Hangout here in the forums ask and learn . There`s a lot of good players here who will gladly help you out with advice and directions . Take care and good luck . Also welcome to the game . :-)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 1:45 AM

+1 Lonnie!

Starting from your Starter gear & ball, there are some things to consider:

- On PC, any gain in equipment performance will accelerate your promotion in tiers. Then, the game becomes more difficult (notably when the default tees move back at Master and Legend tier) and you need more of better equipment.

- Most custom clubs don't go well with the Starter ball, meter speed going up. Thus you might be forced to use custom balls and then buy them continuously, as they wear and get lost.
    Good news on that is that even the cheapest balls provide some help.

- premium balls only work well with premium equipment. There's plenty of less expensive choice.

- There's some "slow meter" equipment, but it is considerably more expensive.

- Beware of rushed purchases! Most of the low level equipment ain't worth it
    or must be replaced too soon. Players rise in levels quickly at the beginning,
    L40 <30,000 XPs, L61 <100,000 XPs, thus better equipment is around the corner!

- Especially with wedges, some consideration of other equipment (irons) and patience is necessary (the desirable short wedges often come last in a series).

@EasyEdward posted a good guide to equipment - look it up in the search =>

Edit: Just found this thread - read from A to Z!

I consider the Starter wedges the worst clubs of all. Replacing them with two short wedges would be prime consideration for me (preferably not before L39!).
    A third wedge, replacing the Hybrid, may be considered later, after buying an iron set.

Another good gain would be a custom 3WD, e.g. the L30 R11 or better. Woods are considerably cheaper than drivers and can be used twofold, from tee and from the deck.

A driver would only be necessary to contend as a Master.

To me, the best Starter club is the putter. Don't rush to replace it and choose one above 500 cr ;)

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 4:03 AM

the three necessities for me going through the tiers are as follows.....

a decent driver (the L48/TM will get you all the way to Legend and for the first few months at that level while you gather credits for your next buy)

a set of high trajectory irons (the yellow L79 rocket blades but the L59 pings are a bit cheaper with fairly similar attributes)

I'd also suggest getting the best 64deg wedge you can afford (the TM ATV wedges do a good job at a more affordable price)

in regard to putters ( the 725 credit Rossa is, for me, the best bargain putter and I had it for quite a while. the best medium range putter I think is the 2000 credit red spider)

good luck

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:41 AM

AndersGolfer:

It probably depends on your development; if you were just entering legend tier you'd find that length becomes really important, but you're not there yet.

Where you are (L35) the best near-term "bang for the buck" improvement for you is probably the Gorge/ATV wedges that you will unlock between levels 38 and 42.  You should purchase and equip 3 wedges.

The R11 3W that you recently unlocked at L30 is also a good value.  You can use it as both your 3W and your driver, which allows you to equip the 3 wedges I mentioned in the previous paragraph (basically, instead of equipping a driver, a 3W, and two individual wedges, you equip the R11 3W and three individual wedges).

You can do everything I just described for about 1,400 credits.

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:44 AM

SeveFrost:

the three necessities for me going through the tiers are as follows.....

a decent driver (the L48/TM will get you all the way to Legend and for the first few months at that level while you gather credits for your next buy)

a set of high trajectory irons (the yellow L79 rocket blades but the L59 pings are a bit cheaper with fairly similar attributes)

in regard to putters ( the 725 credit Rossa is, for me, the best bargain putter and I had it for quite a while. the best medium range putter I think is the 2000 credit red spider)

I agree with all three of these.  If you start by doing what I described in my other post, and then follow Seve's three points above as you unlock these items, you'll have a set that can take you a long way.

RSS