Forums

Help › Forums

Laggy swingmeter - any possible fix?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 14 2018 6:18 PM (5 replies)
  • HisStigness
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 3:24 PM

Up until today, the game has run great, no lag issues at all.  Today, the swing meter is very laggy no matter what I do.  I've cleared my browser cache, rebooted my pc, tried different browsers, put the flash quality all the way on low, turned reflections off, and checked my internet connection. I have no other tasks running on my computer, the only thing open is the game window.  All other animations run smoothly (menu, golf ball, even the animated flag blowing in the wind is smooth when I enabled it to just to see), it's just the swing meter.  Any suggestions for what I can try next?  Or is the game just somehow buggy right now?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 12:46 AM

What type of video card? An add on or integrated. If it is an add on and your computer has an integrated card you might try disabling your add on card and use the integrated card. The only time I have ever had a meter as bad as you are describing my Nvidia video card was beginning to fail. The next day my PC would not boot and the monitor showed a garbled screen. I disabled that card and used the integrated card and all was fine. A failing video card can cause lots of problems.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 3:47 AM
    Have you tried restore point on windows? Have you installed a newer version of Flash? Have you cleared your Flash by Flash settings?
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 4:40 AM

Try a good gaming mouse and play with the settings.

• HisStigness
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 3:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, turns out it's something to do with Linux.  I booted back into Windows and it's smooth as butter.  Could be a Linux update borked it or something, but for now I'll just use Windows to play.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 6:18 PM

Yeah, I had at one point Fedora 25 and I had trouble playing on it because of the Flash at that time. I was stuck with Vista until I bought this Windows 10.

I couldn't take Vista anymore. lol

RSS