Forums

Help › Forums

Two totally different sites

Mon, Jan 15 2018 4:41 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AndersGolfer
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 3:51 PM

Why is it that when you click 'play now' a new window with completely different layout opens?
    It's like you clicked a link to a totally different site...

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:02 AM

AndersGolfer:

Why is it that when you click 'play now' a new window with completely different layout opens?

Because you don't play from the main page, You play from the game client page. To get to the game client page from the main page you click on the "Play Mow" button.  It is the same site just a different page on the site. 

The game client page is where you choose what type of game you want to play. Many of us set the game client page as the start-up page for the browser we choose to play with never seeing the main page. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:20 AM

Just hit:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

• AndersGolfer
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 5:56 AM

That's what I mean; This page - the 'main' page - doesn't have any purpose at all since you can access profiles, forums and everything else from the game page. It's just something that has to be loaded into your browser sou yo can click  and load another page. (and it stil feels like going to another site). If I had a slow internet connection I'd find it annoying.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 6:23 AM

Yiannis1970:

Just hit:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 10:29 AM

Like it was mentioned above, I bookmark my Gameclient and I also bookmark my Country Club.

It Bypasses the News page. The only screen I have open is the gameclient

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 2:57 AM

AndersGolfer:

That's what I mean; This page - the 'main' page - doesn't have any purpose at all since you can access profiles, forums and everything else from the game page. It's just something that has to be loaded into your browser sou yo can click  and load another page. (and it stil feels like going to another site). If I had a slow internet connection I'd find it annoying.

You can access them from the game page, because they are on the main page. That's the main page's purpose. Imagine having your profile, pro shop, forums, etc., all located on the gameclient only and the clutter and issues that would make ;-)

Sincerely,

Cpt. Obvious

P.S.: Just make sure you have the main page (or any other page) closed, while you're playing, otherwise your meter performance will suffer.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 3:55 AM

AndersGolfer:

Think what we have here is a phone person, that doesn't understand the computer world.

Different sites would be wgt.com, Idon'tunderstand.com, joeblow.com.

Think of it like a book, each of the above are books.  If I was to go to wgt.com/gameclient or Idon'tunderstand.com/trustme.  You are going to a different chapter in that book, when you then go to a course in wgt.com/gameclient, you are then going to a different page in that chapter.

But NO, not different SITES.

• AndersGolfer
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 14 2018 7:51 AM

FEELS like different sites, I said; the main page looks like a newspaper page from the eighties, and the game-page looks like a lifestyle magazine fom today.

And since most people seems to log on to game page directly, it's hard to motivate it's existance - at least as a startpage - and since shuting it down as soon as they start playing seem to be a common beavior, why does clicking the game page open a new window instead of canging the main? Who wants a window they don't use to be open in the background?

And why does this text window only register one keystroke per minute?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:54 AM

AndersGolfer:
    And why does this text window only register one keystroke per minute?

You need to clear your browser history, everything from cookies to cache, should work better. Either that or your machine should've been put to rest years ago ;-)

• PAGES
RSS