Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:12 PM

mathia14:
    But in the USA.....ONLY English shold be spoken.  IMHO.

Excuse me, "shold" belongs to which language? It's not in an English dictionary!

As I said, there are 300+ languages spoken in the USA - as a prominent example, would you ignore all the Spanish speaking people in your country?

Furthermore, quite a few WGT players are NOT in the USA. Ils peuvent parler Francais, oder sie sprechen Deutsch.

Last but not least, Freedom of Speech should be given to all languages.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 3:47 AM

alosso:

mathia14:
    But in the USA.....ONLY English shold be spoken.  IMHO.

Excuse me, "shold" belongs to which language? It's not in an English dictionary!

As I said, there are 300+ languages spoken in the USA - as a prominent example, would you ignore all the Spanish speaking people in your country?

Furthermore, quite a few WGT players are NOT in the USA. Ils peuvent parler Francais, oder sie sprechen Deutsch.

Last but not least, Freedom of Speech should be given to all languages.

Whatever you do or say you will not prevent  some people to believe that Los Angeles, San Antonio, Bâton rouge, Las Vegas, Miami, Bismark ... Colorado  .... are English typicals names. (like London, Manchester or tea time).

About 300 languages, you include variants of English because I do not know about you but the first time I heard someone of deep America, I thought that
    one of us did not speak English

Although I talk to a maximum of 150 english words 

Edit, same thing in French, i cant understand what a Québécois ou un Marseillais is talking about :)

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 7:20 AM

Cajuns are not Frenchs by any way even the language. The US.government reconginze them as a ethnic group.

We,  French people, are not a ethnic group, we are a nation.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 8:28 AM

alberich35:
    About 300 languages, you include variants of English

Nope: Wikipedia on Languages_of_the_United_States names 337.

alberich35:
    because I do not know about you

Huh? Which context, which reason?

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:40 PM

alosso:

alberich35:
    About 300 languages, you include variants of English

Nope: Wikipedia on Languages_of_the_United_States names 337.

alberich35:
    because I do not know about you

Huh? Which context, which reason?

Hey Alosso

I dont know about you more than the 7.5 billions  human being (minus ~20) and as much as you know about me . Thank you for the link that tells me nothing else that french, spanish, german are american native language as navajo

And Navajo people are immigrant in United States, that is well know.

Wikipedia, What else ?

RSS