Help › Forums

LINKS LS 1999-2000

Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM (93 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:29 PM

DonCaron:
    Here is a link to get he game itself.

WGT frowns on links like that, Don, least of all to a cash draw. Is why I suggested the search.

• GarnerDonnell
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 10:25 AM

Indeed great post, was the best game ever, I was called Joe_Girard and played Links 2k1 & 2k3 for years, was best time ever and filled me with joy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:17 PM

Lesthanpar:
    I have the old discs someplace I am sure finding them may take some digging. We are talking about almost 20 years ago now.

So do I and you think I can find them? Got 98, 2000, 2001 and the box for 2003. LOL 

I gave in and popped for the $15 that gets you the game and 47 courses, loaded right to you. I swear it's like riding a bike, it's exactly as I remember it.  :-)

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 9:58 AM

YankeeJim:

Lesthanpar:
    I have the old discs someplace I am sure finding them may take some digging. We are talking about almost 20 years ago now.

So do I and you think I can find them? Got 98, 2000, 2001 and the box for 2003. LOL 

I gave in and popped for the $15 that gets you the game and 47 courses, loaded right to you. I swear it's like riding a bike, it's exactly as I remember it.  :-)

Found some empty boxes myself lol. I will probably just pay to download it when flash ends. Hope it has the power stroke option but I doubt I will be able to play it like I used to.Power stroke is a much better golf sim, shots can go anywhere much like my real golf shots. lol

Les

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 10:33 AM

Lesthanpar:

YankeeJim:

Lesthanpar:

Found some empty boxes myself lol. I will probably just pay to download it when flash ends. Hope it has the power stroke option but I doubt I will be able to play it like I used to.Power stroke is a much better golf sim, shots can go anywhere much like my real golf shots. lol

Les

Registered and downloaded, ready to go!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 12:54 PM

Lesthanpar:

YankeeJim:

Lesthanpar:

Les

Yes, it does have power stroke in 2003. I like the real time swing.

• benslammin
    238 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 5:19 AM

Used to play lots of this game.  Have a few questions for those that may know.  Is the regular 3 click swing available on the 2003 version or just the older one?  Really interested in online play with 2 or 3 of my pals.  Is this doable?  Is there a way to have a chat while playing?  When my pal and I used to play we'd play the same course and talk on the phone but one of my buds now lives in mexico so a chat box would be nice.  Thanks for any info, should I also post this in the links corner website?  Ben

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 5:56 AM

benslammin:
    Is the regular 3 click swing available on the 2003 version

Yes, 2 or 3 click plus the power swing.

benslammin:
    Really interested in online play with 2 or 3 of my pals

Yes, you connect via IP addresses.

benslammin:
    Is there a way to have a chat while playing?

Yes but not a voice chat, just a regular in-game one like here. One fun feature of the chat is the ability to send .wav files and have the whole group hear them.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 6:13 AM

I love playing the courses that are on here. I played Oakmont a few days ago and then Whistler yesterday.

Then I came here and shot a 28 on RSG in strong winds as my first(RR) game as a Champion.

• benslammin
    238 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 9:05 AM

Awesome to hear and thanks guys for responding.  Love WGT (obviously) but looking for a back up when/if this goes kaput or forced to play the mobile version, which i dislike  :)  Thanks again, Ben

RSS