Forums

Help › Forums

LINKS LS 1999-2000

Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM (93 replies)
  • Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:29 AM

Yes I was aware of the updates on the 2003 game. But there were several of us that stayed with the 1998 series and had a great time. We used a chat system while playing but for the life of me can’t remember what one! 

I will check out the site you posted here to see what’s up! Never hurts to be prepared if WGT gets crazy in 2020!

thanks Dennis

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:56 AM

Yes loved it especially the power stroke mode.Played it to number one on the ladder for power stroke back in those days. I was thinking time to revive this game since flash is ending.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 12:00 PM

Lesthanpar:
    Yes loved it especially the power stroke mode

Did you use a straightedge or swing freehand?  I was never good at the freehand but IIRC, everybody used to yell cheater if you did use a guide.  LOL

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 12:04 PM

Freehand. It is a compliment to be called a cheater when you are not lolo. It's like really I am good enough to be accused of that! lol

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 12:11 PM

There was a guy doing that at the time a known cheater. Went by the name of Jolly Rancher.Another thing that was great about the Links LS was you could make your own courses.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 1:09 PM

Even better was the sound scripts and the ability to send .wav files through the chat. Now THAT was hysterical.  I had index cards filled with a .wav file for any situation.LOL

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 1:23 PM

I still have all the disc's for 2003. Great Game

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 1:34 PM

YankeeJim:

Even better was the sound scripts and the ability to send .wav files through the chat. Now THAT was hysterical.  I had index cards filled with a .wav file for any situation.LOL

I had tons of waves one for every occasion or shot lol. it was great fun be better to revive that game than try to play WGT version after flash ends.

I have the old discs someplace I am sure finding them may take some digging. We are talking about almost 20 years ago now.

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 2:17 PM

A LinksLS conversation... amazing.

I was very deep into the game back then. I ran the LinksLS Web Ring and also was a partner in a website  called Golfcom.com along with Todd Stewart and John Parsons. We were the only tournament site that Access Software allowed to have the game code and were able to implement our leaderboards on the site directly from the games played in game. Back then the leaderbaords updated every 15 minutes. Oh how things have changed.

I was also the winner of PC Gamer Magazines Golf Course contest. The prize was a driver signed by Sergio Garcia. It sits in my closet today. Sadly the course designer which was loved by the community was the downfall of the game. The public could create better and more courses than the game designers could and they ended up with no way to make money on the game.

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=118 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 3:11 PM

RSS