Forums

Help › Forums

LINKS LS 1999-2000

Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM (93 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 12:25 PM

DonCaron:

I didn't know that Jim. I'll check that out.

I need the overhead for sure for aiming.

I used to use the green views the most. After a while you get good at looking at your elevation view, adjusting your stance and swing plane off it and using the green views to aim.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 4:05 PM

I personally prefer to use only the ''top cam'', sometimes even i set the aiming for the approaches directly in the green, also play without grid, this game give you the opportunity to ''need to see & feel'' the place where you are at ... before make any shot

In the left down corner you have all the info you need, elevation, change of terrain, wind, & kind of surface where you ball are

screen0007

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 4:31 PM

Oh man, I loved this game back in the day.

Interestingly I note there is a version of Shinnecock Hills available for Links that you can download here: Links Corner (use the search box at the top right of the page), which might be of even more interest later this year if all WGT provides is tumbleweed and the sound of crickets.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 6:05 PM

I got Shinnecock Hills in with the 47 courses. I know there are more courses also..

I was thinking the same thing around US Open time with Shinnecock. I have both links to those pages bookmarked.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:22 AM

DonCaron:
    I was thinking the same thing around US Open time with Shinnecock.

One of the best times I had with the game was during the Masters. Augusta is available for Links (if you don't already have it) and I was able to follow Tiger for an entire round, hitting to the spots where he did on each hole. The rendering is amazing and the round was huge fun to play along with.  :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 6:07 AM

I'll look for Augusta. It's the course everyone wants, including me.

So far its pretty cool, and I'm still trying to learn everything. Meter is pretty fast

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 8:21 AM

I got Augusta and ended up +1 on the front 9.

I got to do some practicing with that meter on the power stroke. I use the computer players to see how hard to hit it. Lol, and a few mulligans 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 9:40 AM

Haha, you're hooked.  ;-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:09 AM

YankeeJim:

Haha, you're hooked.  ;-)

I love it, but I am not as good at it as I am here

RSS