Forums

Help › Forums

LINKS LS 1999-2000

Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM (93 replies)
  • LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:22 PM

DonCaron:

I will, Thank You. I got the game in today and installed it. I downloaded the patch that Yankee Jim mentioned and it works good.

I'll check out Links corner and Links Country Club also. It appears I can share this game with another WGT Player also. It's just different and gives me a break, when I'm not playing well after a clash.

I recommend using GameRanger, it is a small application to connect and create sessions online, it works very well with Links2003, you can find several rooms every day, not the amount you can find here, but you will also enjoy playing

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:54 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    I recommend using GameRanger, it is a small application to connect and create sessions online, it works very well with Links2003, you can find several rooms every day, not the amount you can find here, but you will also enjoy playing

Thanks I got Game Ranger setup. 47 Courses for $9, I couldn't resist

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:50 PM

I played Links, still got all the disc and courses. Links was awesome. I quit when 2003 came out, my pc wouldn't run it so I moved on.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:56 PM

If anyone is already streaming these games on Twitch TV, please let me know your channel. I can follow and also electronically host your twitch channel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 12:16 AM

DavStan:

I played Links, still got all the disc and courses. Links was awesome. I quit when 2003 came out, my pc wouldn't run it so I moved on.

I have W-10 and had to download a patch to make it work. 2003 is only $10 with all the courses.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 8:33 AM

I'm doing all this talking about Links. I'm going nowhere and Love WGT, still the best virtual game out there.

Besides, I run a very busy club.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 12:23 PM

I know Don.  He's one of the best club owner's on WGT. 

His Brookline Country Club is a very good newer club.  Has a Club Tournament Director (latemodel62) who comes up with real good tournament ideas, taking what he knows about auto speedway contests and using that in club tournaments.

Don and Scott do a lot for the club members in Brookline Country Club.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 8:59 AM

It took me a little while to figure some things out. I let the computer player guide me.

Pretty neat with all the courses, I shot my first round at even. I play a little more today.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 11:18 AM

DonCaron:
    I shot my first round at even.

That's pretty good considering every round is an UEL.  One of the nice things about the game is you can show several cameras on the screen all the time. Open them, resize them and put them out of the way around the sides. All the views you get here you can have there all open at the same time. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 12:16 PM

I didn't know that Jim. I'll check that out.

I need the overhead for sure for aiming.

RSS