Forums

Help › Forums

LINKS LS 1999-2000

Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM (93 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 7:56 AM

kavvz:
    I don't understand how they can sell something they don't own -- legally.  Unless they reached an agreement with Microsoft...?  Or MS just doesn't care...

Heh, the original boxed version had "DO NOT MAKE ILLEGAL COPIES OF THIS DISC" printed right on the CD you used to install the game. A whole lotta people never listened and that game was Pirated Central. LOL

I suspect they made their money at the time and moved on.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 8:26 AM

kavvz:

!@#$%^&*()_+

Microsoft owned the game after they acquired Access Software. 

I don't understand how they can sell something they don't own -- legally.  Unless they reached an agreement with Microsoft...?  Or MS just doesn't care...

I got the disks and bought them used. 

I can't answer how they do it, I don't know

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 9:12 AM

Maybe they do have something going with MS, like buying licenses for the game. They do ask for donations-totally voluntary-so maybe the $6.95 does go to MS, like song royalties. Sergio Garcia might even be getting a piece of it.  LOL

FWIW, back in the day the only cost to play was the original program on CD. It was something like $35 and once you had it, everything else was free. All the courses were just DLs and there isn't any equipment to purchase. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:10 AM

I got different avatars and Clubs. They were free and I got R11's for clubs and a Tom Watson Avatar.

I have them all in a folder if someone wants me to send copies

RSS