Forums

Help › Forums

Awards bug

Tue, Jun 26 2018 3:07 PM (38 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 8:15 PM

I wouldn't want all the diamond this and that awarded to me by a glitch in the system ... I'd rather achieve them through my own game play. Thanks but no thanks. Now that you've given me the heads up, I'll avoid custom courses like the plague ...

another Don ...

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 9:44 PM

donsprintr:
    I wouldn't want all the diamond this and that awarded to me by a glitch in the system ... I'd rather achieve them through my own game play.

You already did get them through your own game play. The glitch only gives you awards that you have already earned.You just get all the extra xp points for them again. There is no harm, no foul there, you don't need the xp's and neither does your club.Custom courses don't even affect your average, they give you nothing you have not already earned, just fun, and you have earned that as well.

donsprintr:
    I'll avoid custom courses like the plague ..

I think that would take some fun away Don, no reason to do that. Custom courses can add some fun. Even if you just take one course, say Beth or Kia, and you just completely mix all the holes up, or play it backwards from 18 to 1. Just adds a little variety to the mundane that the same old 11 courses can be after many rounds. Make your own Best Of Par 5's or Best of Hardest, Best Finishing Holes, etc. It adds a little spice and keeps the game interesting. Comes in handy sometimes.

Have fun out there!

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 9:48 PM

pdb1:

Simply, play a Custom Course .

Followed by a normal CC single player, unlimited play round . or the equivalent . A WGT single player unlimited play round would probably work .

ANY stroke play round works. Does not have to be single player or unlimited, or a CC round. Have played many stroke games with other clubmates, the awards all come up the same if your prior round was a custom course. You can play nothing but alt shots for a week after playing a custom, and on Day 8 when you play a stroke play round, the glitch award xp's from a week ago will still be there and register after your game.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 9:54 PM

pdb1:
      There isn't any chance this " allowed glitch " could generate a fraction of the revenue the CLASH does .

There are TONS of players using this every time they play. Almost every single country club has custom courses set up solely to get everyone to max xp's with it and the pass. There are way more people using the custom glitch than there are people who play in the clash. AND, the glitch is running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. AND, in order to use the glitch, you have to play two rounds, DOUBLE the ball hits. AND then, there are all the extra club sales as lower level players run through the levels quicker and buy as they move along. I would think that is a bit more than a fraction.

My club always finishes top 50 in the clash without really trying at all. Many, many, many more rounds in the club are recorded via the custom/stroke method, than in the clash. Those are 18 hole of ball hits. Last I knew, only one club truly spends the cash in the clash. Somebody did not just recently get to level 200 because they play a lot of clash games.

Have you noticed the number of club xp's it takes to crack the Top 50 Country Club Leaderboard for the week? Used to be half a mill would get you into the bottom rung there, now days it takes a solid one mil plus to get in at the bottom. That is the glitch, being used by just about EVERYBODY, lol. Maybe not FMags and the top players of course, but just about everybody, club wise. Thats a whole heckuva lot of Nikes.

pdb1:
    the reason i say " allowed glitch " . is I believe it is being continued intentionally . As a benefit to us . to try and make up for a GR8 number of other inconveniences .

It is being continued intentionally because it was created intentionally. On their end, it was never a glitch to begin with. All about the money. Whoever came up with the idea must have gotten a nice raise. lol

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:58 AM

I think that the biggest issue here has been completely overlooked.  There is no 10 %, or 90 %, no minority  or majority,  it's all 1000% in favor of wgt.  Unless you never spent one credit on here, wgt has been the beneficiary in every shot that you have ever taken.  Nothing on here is free, even if you earned your credits through surveys, etc, you have used your time and effert to recieve those "free credits".  Time is money!  Clashs, glitches, turf wars, tourneys, every one of these generate revenue for wgt.  It doesn't take a mathematical wizard  to figure that out.  If wgt wasn't making a high end return of cash, they would not have been bought out by a bigger company.  The company, and programmers, have figured out and used, one of the biggest flaws in human nature, competitiveness, we all love to win!  Buy better balls, lower scores and averages, better clubs, even lower scores and averages, yep we might play better, but wgt still is the overall winner!  

RSS