Forums

Help › Forums

tees and teirs

Sun, May 19 2019 7:56 PM (9 replies)
  • VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 9:08 AM

I am asking why every tier increases the tee shots except pro to tour pro and master to tour master ,however once you hit legend you have to use the same tees as tour legend and champion ,which is 3 tiers and they all play off the same tee lenth.this does not make sense to me as you have no chance on winning as a legend againist a champion,shouldn;t the tee lenth for a champion be longer?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:07 PM

WGT's concept of four sets of tees corresponds in time to the "Hack to Legend" tier concept. Due to the use of real courses, they cannot extend the track lengths.

Thus, when TL and Champ were introduced later, there was no space to further lengthen the courses - they could only rise the green speeds and other conditions like wind.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:56 AM
    VinnyGoombotz:

I am asking why every tier increases the tee shots except pro to tour pro and master to tour master ,however once you hit legend you have to use the same tees as tour legend and champion ,which is 3 tiers and they all play off the same tee lenth.this does not make sense to me as you have no chance on winning as a legend againist a champion,shouldn;t the tee lenth for a champion be longer?

One post a year. And this is one of them. Thanks for the funny.
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 29 2017 4:31 PM

I can only speak for myself and my experience. 

I don't feel like I've improved my game much at all since hitting L tier.

It seems to be just a case of longevity. 

As long as you keep playing and hit the occasional great round, you'll continue to tier up.

Resistance is futile.

:^)

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:00 PM

Yeh,what he said, 

JimbeauC:

As long as you keep playing and hit the occasional great round, you'll continue to tier up.

Resistance is futile.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Dec 29 2017 6:07 PM

DarkenRahl:

Yeh,what he said, 

JimbeauC:

Resistance is futile.

LOL....like death and taxes......on WGT tiering up is inevitable. After all, if DarkenRahl can tier up.....anyone can :))

• JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 9:41 AM

I know about the Default Tees and Green Speeds via Tiers but is there a "Default Wind Speed" that's defined by tiers? I just had a member of my CC ask and I don't know the answer. Is there a "default", a general "wind gets harder" via tier or is it just a random thing. I'm not asking about CC tournaments that we set up....just for a ranked round a member would play on their own. Help.....I'm, clueless.....Jim

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 1:21 PM

Seriously OP? You’re at L110 and a legend. You may not realize it, you, a champion and a Tour champion have pretty much the same skill. I’m sure you’re more skillful than most of them. Dont sell yourself short my friend, maybe just a confidence boost is all you need.

Most of those tier promotions may have just been from the CC lower ur score custom courses. I wouldn’t call those a legit promotions.

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 4:58 PM

OK since you cant expand the lenth  why not shorten it, make the legend and tour legend tees less than the champion tees but more than the tour master tees also you can shorten the distance on the clubs lenths for the guys that have under a certain avg,by doing one or both of these actions would help the legends and tour legends.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 7:56 PM

VinnyGoombotz:

OK since you cant expand the lenth  why not shorten it, make the legend and tour legend tees less than the champion tees but more than the tour master tees also you can shorten the distance on the clubs lenths for the guys that have under a certain avg,by doing one or both of these actions would help the legends and tour legends.

You must be a hoot at the local country club or public course!

Seriously, these things are set in the game.  There are no more tee boxes.

RSS