Forums

Help › Forums

The Peoples Club - Starting into our 8th year

Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:30 PM (172 replies)
  • joetortoise
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Feb 3 2018 10:17 AM

I started on WGT in March 2014.  I thought it was all right, but I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the experience.  In June, one of the golfers I had met suggested that I would enjoy it more if I joined a country club.  Although he was not then a member, he highly recommended TPC.  I applied and was accepted, and everything changed.  I have been a member ever since, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would never consider switching to another country club.

The atmosphere of TPC is relaxed, and the members are always helpful and available to mentor new players and give them advice.  Club members feel that WGT is a game to be enjoyed as much as possible.  I am a casual player who likes the competition of our high-quality tournaments and the clashes, but I want to do it on my terms, not because I'm being pressured by other members or the directors.

If you want to enjoy the WGT experience and participate in the forum and tournaments at your own pace, TPC is the place for you.  You will make great friends and playing partners and improve your game.

Joe

• frankc48
    595 Posts
    Sat, Feb 3 2018 10:38 AM

I have been playing WGT for about 6 years now and I joined The Peoples Club about 3 years ago.  TPC was my 4th Country Club but obviously the one I decided to spend the most time with.

I like to play tournaments, and there are always a great variety available in this CC.  Recently there have even been Set Of The Week tournaments or tournaments with a short shot clock for those looking for an adventure.  The forum is very active and almost always friendly (LOL!).  Seriously, the members of this CC are very friendly and frequently posting tips that they have uncovered that may help someone else out.  There is even a thread specifically dedicated to the mobile platform game.

A number of the members, including myself, have volunteered to pair up with anyone who is looking for some suggestions or advice in improving their game.  

If you have any questions, please send me a friend request and we can exchange messages, or send a friend request to Ladychipper (AKA Marion), and I know she will be happy to get back to you.

Frank

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 10:49 AM

a month or so ago i went looking for a new home.  I've only been in one other country club and due to drama going on around me i knew it was time to leave.

I did my research and TPC ended up being my choice.

I can only repay the favor they did me by accepting me by posting here that I'm glad i made this choice. It was the right one.

The things i asked about: 

participation in tourneys: CHECK. it's not just the same 3-4 people winning everything. Which means competition. I don't want to win unless it was competitive. 

Different types of tourneys and lots of them. CHECK Single play, unlimited play, handicapped tourneys, monthly tourneys. multiple monthly tourneys with combined scores.  Tiered tournaments not just based on wgt tier but also skill level and recent scoring history.

Forum participation: CHECK.  This was actually a big one for me. People that are involved in a club forum are invested in the club. They care. They will participate. How well you feel at home is directly proportional to how a club forum is participated in. I base this not just on WGT but my past MMORPG gaming history and guild forums. Participation in a guild/club forum is critical to maintaining the same members and having low turnover. 

no/low drama: CHECK.   this is why l left last club prefer to not see or deal with much. Haven't seen any.

no/low pressure to participate in clashes. CHECK. We  want to finish top 50 and can quite easily do that with people just using free passes. This was important to me as i usually play 3-4 times but sometimes only once and sometimes not at all.

mobile friendly: CHECK i play about half the time on mobile and half the time on PC. So i play in Turf Wars etc. Didn't want a club that was anti mobile play as some are.

Bottom line: I wanted my next club to be my last one. luckily i found that. I brought over 5 friends of mine and we all couldn't be happier.

If the above appeals to you then by all means join. If the stuff i mentioned doesn't matter to you then it's probably not a good fit.  Because everyone I've met seems to have the same great attitudes of comraderie.

If you do join. Message me for a game. Either PC or mobile. I'm up for either.

-Myth 

• attevocai
    915 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 6:11 AM

I first joined TPC in 2013 after my previous two clubs got a little stale/inactive.... I loved it, and didn't plan on leaving but I decided to bow out the next year since I was going to take some time away from the game.... after a few years of rarely playing, I started back regularly last year and was welcomed back into TPC with open arms.... it was great to see so many people still there that I knew, and have gotten to know a lot of the folks who've joined since I originally left.... 

I don't plan on ever leaving for another club, and the fact that I went straight back to TPC after a long hiatus from the game should tell you just how great and welcoming this club really is....

• BushcraftOnFire
    3,325 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:37 PM

TPC has been all that I really know of WGT! I joined almost right after I came on board with the game.. and it's been a wonderful experience. 

I could echo what others have said.. but that would just be redundant.. but I totally agree with what has already been stated. I actually went to another club for about 20 hours.. just to see what it was like somewhere else. There was NO participation.. and I could only play 4 or 5 tournaments they had set up. I immediately returned "home" and was so pleased. 

One big thing about TPC is that no one judges another. There is an abundance of tournys to play.. and the spirit of the club is at an all time high right now! Great place to be.. and you won't regret joining this club.

D

• WatNickelson
    702 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 8:48 AM
    I have been a member of TPC for about 2 1/2 years and have made many friends and have enjoyed playing in all of their tournaments. They are designed for all skill levels and they are fun. There are no strict requirements for being a member. Play a couple of times a month and have some interaction with the club. That's it!! We have half a dozen or so tournaments that are annual tourneys and are great fun. I have been a member of a couple of other clubs and they do not compare. It seems like all of our members get along famously. So if you want a no drama and fun place to hang your hat... Come and join us at TPC!! Wat
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 10:37 AM

I've not been on this game site much in the last few months but wanted to take the time to congratulate Gary (nopro17) for his new role as TPC owner, and Marion (Ladychipper) for being in the recruiting business. Marion, you are such a people person with a good heart that i have no doubt that you must be doing an excellent job.

If the change of ownership would have happened months ago when i was still a member, chances are i would still be part of that club. No CC is perfect but TPC does have much to offer. Just a question of knowing what we want and then, finding that place where we feel we belong.

Wishing you guys over at TPC success in this new era.

• Betossa
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 1:20 PM

Hey guys, new player here, joined about 2 weeks ago. Having a great time in the game so far. Just hit lvl 39 today and got me new clubs to celebrate.

I would like to join TPC, if possible. I'm currently in a CC, but it has only 2 other active players. Please let me know what do I have to do to join, thanks.

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 4:15 PM

Hi Betossa,

First off you would have to not belong to a country club and then I could send you an invite. 

• pmj15uk
    422 Posts
    Sun, Feb 11 2018 1:21 AM

A few words about The Peoples Club.........

I was originally recruited into the club when it was run by Bigmugsy, shortly after I started on WGT.

I would have to say that it was the best thing that could have happened to me, playing with other members regularly and all back then far better than I ever thought I could ever become, but under their help and tutelage my game improved and I enjoyed WGT far more than I had thought possible.

I have no idea of the amount of tournaments we have played within and as a CC over the years I was a member but only to say it was a great many, I also made a great many friends within the club and looked forward always to being online every day for the chance to play, whether it be in a competition or with any member who was available.

Due to a change in my life circumstances I was unable to play for nearly two years and during that time quite correctly I lost my coveted membership to what I believe was and always will be the very best CC that WGT has to offer. I say quite correctly because TPC is and always will be about active membership and it was only right that I should be removed to make way for a new member to take my playing spot.

Happily I am now back online and able to play an active role once again and having reached out to the current owner I am back in the family of The Peoples Club where I feel at home and quite honestly without them I would probably not be likely to continue playing.

Thanks to THE PEOPLES CLUB for all my past enjoyment and friendships and for the future players to meet.

If you are looking for a Country Club I would suggest that you look no further than the awesome The Peoples Club.

RSS