Forums

Help › Forums

The Peoples Club - Starting into our 8th year

Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:30 PM (172 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 8:26 PM

Well I guess it is time for me to put in my 2 cents here.  LOL! 

I joined WGT in April of 2013 and was so lost as to what all was going on in here.  In May of 2013 I was sent an invite to The Peoples Club from an awesome lady named Courteney Fish.  I believe she and Ed read my introduction in this main forum and liked what they saw.  I became friends with Courteney and then sent her a personal message asking her what would be required of me if I join this country club.  She told me that if I was kind and friendly plus played in some tournaments I would do fine.  I thought to myself well why not give it a try. 

I joined TPC and 4 years and 8 months later I am still there.  I learned so much and any time I was lost and had a question someone would help me.  All I had to do was ask in the CC forum and bingo someone would reply.  I was an Amatuer and could not believe some CC would even want me.   I quickly moved up to Legend in about a years time.  I am still a Legend and it is a slow process getting to Tour Legend but I will get there.  I don't have time to play 10 games a day so it is a slower process then.

I am very grateful to all the people in TPC for taking me under their wings and teaching me so much.  You all mean so much to me! 

Come join us if you are not in a CC because you won't regret it I promise. 

Blessings,

Marion :-)

PS:  I just received a new title in the club and am now the Recruiting Director so let me know if you want an invite to the club or Ed or David.

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 4:56 PM

Bumping this up.

• scatpack69
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 2:03 PM

Hello Lady chipper and Easy! Thanks for letting me join your group..Looking forward to learning from you all and helping the group out in tournments any way I can. Always looking for ways to improve. Thanks  Scatpack69

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:40 PM

Hi Scatpack69,

We are happy to have you with us and you will find that we are a friendly group.  Come into our Club Forum and poke around.  Our "Quick Links" are very helpful and you can also contact me or anyone whom you befriend there by personal message or ask away in our forum.  We will be happy to help you.

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:41 PM

Peoples Club has always been one of the greatest clubs in WGT.

I miss Courteney Fish, She was fantastic when I started in 2013 as well

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:26 PM

EasyEdward:
    The two balls to the side of the flags represent that we are a global Country Club and we are committed to our members, even after they leave us in more then one way. Old Timers on WGT will note the logo on the golf ball is the design of Tekoma  a member we all regret losing.

The Peoples Club is probably THE BEST club in this WGT game.  My brother, Andy, spent just a short time there during his final days on this physical planet.  Andy passed away on February 3, 2016 from leukemia and TPC gave him so many reasons to smile during his final battle with the disease.  After Andy passed, Ed and the gang ran a memorial tournament for him.  I was honored to be invited to join the club and participate in that event.  Also during that time I was led to Andy's posts in the TPC Forum.  I shed many a tear during my stay.  Andy had found a home on this game and TPC was that place that he held dear to his heart.  I miss not being able to swing 'em with him on here anymore.  But Andy would tell you, "Join TPC and never look back as there is no better club in the game".

Andy tried to get me to join over there with him, and it was a tough call during his fight, but I love the members at WTCC way too much.  If not for Darren, Mags, JayW, Simon, and the rest I'm sure I'd be on the TPC membership roll. 

So...join Ed, Marion, Maria, Tony, and the gang at TPC.  Their weekly, monthly, and yearly tournament schedule will keep your competitive heart thumping and their recognition & communication plan will have you eager to participate daily. 

GREAT JOB OVER THERE EE!!!!!!!

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:07 PM

Thanks to everyone who has come and chimed in about TPC.  We appreciate your input here. 

Paul we still miss Andy very much as I know you and your family do.  He was such a good sport and melting everyone's heart he met. 

Blessings,

Marion

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 2:01 PM

pmm711:
    The Peoples Club is probably THE BEST club in this WGT game.  My brother, Andy, spent just a short time there during his final days on this physical planet.  Andy passed away on February 3, 2016 from leukemia and TPC gave him so many reasons to smile during his final battle with the disease.  After Andy passed, Ed and the gang ran a memorial tournament for him.  I was honored to be invited to join the club and participate in that event.

Paul: 

Thanks for the kind words about our CC.

Andy is truly missed by everyone in our little home on WGT that were members during his stay with us.  There are still a lot of us (102 to be exact).

If you want to tear yourself away for a few days on February 3rd will will hold our annual "Play Like Andy Would" Memorial Tournament.  You are always welcome to drop in and back out just to say Hello.

Ed

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 3:50 AM

Doc58:
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

+1

Here's to the next 8 years for you guys.

• BushcraftOnFire
    3,325 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 5:50 PM

Doc58:
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I was re-reading over this thread.. and I find something amazing. Many of the people here are no longer in TPC for whatever their reason. But they still speak highly of the club! 

I know almost eveyone who has commented here.. and I am thankful that there are so many that have traveled through our club during their time on WGT. I think it says a lot that even though they still aren't with us.. they still have a place in their hearts for TPC. Thanks to each of you for your kind comments!

D

RSS