Forums

Help › Forums

The Peoples Club - Starting into our 8th year

Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:30 PM (172 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 5:35 AM

Ladychipper:
    The Peoples Club is for members all over the world.  We do have quite a few from the UK.  I counted 35 from the UK in our club.   Most are from the USA.

I'm sure EasyEdward has all the membership details in a spreadsheet somewhere, but I thought I'd post this as I'm just having a deeper look into Excels pivot tables. They're worth having a play around with as you can manipulate data in all sorts of ways quite easily without having to write any formulas. The image below is just a tiny percentage of the kind of information that can be extracted from your club data

P.S. You might have to use my script here to get the full country name and CC join date out of your club membership table. ; )

⇩ EDIT : Thank you ma'am. : ) ⇩

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 7:50 AM

SWEET!  Thank you Scott.  I love it!!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 9:59 AM

ScottHope:
    but I thought I'd post this as I'm just having a deeper look into Excels pivot tables. They're worth having a play around with as you can manipulate data in all sorts of ways quite easily without having to write any formulas. The image below is just a tiny percentage of the kind of information that can be extracted from your club data

Ya just gotta love Scott.  I still say WGT should hire him...only thing...they couldn't afford him.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 2:04 PM

Cheers Paul, I'm quite cheap to run to be honest, lol.  ; ))

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 3:25 PM

ScottHope:
    I'm sure EasyEdward has all the membership details in a spreadsheet somewhere

Scott:

Actually the information is real time auto collected and thrown into a database. The second you click on our internal membership list you get the instantaneously updated numbers, without any sloppy cut and paste. Not only that but it has the members real names (if known) and their time zone (again if known).

However, just like your table - ours  carries on some errors in what we know to be true.

For example your image above shows:

1) We have a member from the Isle of Guernsey - sorry does not live there but rather is a proud Englishman. You see he picked Guernsey due to the flag being the old English flag before the UK.

2) Also we do not have a member from Antarctica,  but for you to find out where he is really from you would have to rejoin our fun and frolicking group of members who still love this silly game....

Ed

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 4:17 PM

EasyEdward:
    1) We have a member from the Isle of Guernsey - sorry does not live there but rather is a proud Englishman. You see he picked Guernsey due to the flag being the old English flag before the UK.

The flag of Guernsey was adopted in 1985 and consists of the red Saint George's Cross with an additional gold Norman cross within it. The creation was prompted by confusion at international sporting events over competitors from Guernsey and England using the same flag.[2] It was designed by the Guernsey Flag Investigation Committee led by Deputy Bailiff Sir Graham Dorey.

And The George - Still in existence IRL even if WGT can't work it out:

The Pope had decided that all English Crusaders should wear red tunics with white crosses, while the French opted for red on white. The English then wanted to reclaim their emblem of a red cross on a white tunic and, in 1188, the kings of each country decided to exchange their flags. 

The UK flag (Union / Union Jack) is somewhere in the middle - 1606 if want a date:)

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 6:47 PM

This reminds me of....

Image result for fun with flags meme

• suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 7:44 PM

What a fantastic logo -- very professional in appearance.

Good luck in your club!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 1:06 AM

EasyEdward:
    Scott:

Actually the information is real time auto collected and thrown into a database. The second you click on our internal membership list you get the instantaneously updated numbers, without any sloppy cut and paste. Not only that but it has the members real names (if known) and their time zone (again if known).

I kinda thought you'd have something slick set up.

Thanks for the offer Ed, but I prefer life on the outside. ; )

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 9:45 AM

suehughes72:

What a fantastic logo -- very professional in appearance.

Good luck in your club!

Nice to have you as our newest member!

RSS