Forums

Help › Forums

The Peoples Club - Starting into our 8th year

Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:30 PM (172 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 5:41 PM

On December 28, 2017, The Peoples Club will celebrate its 7th Anniversary as a WGT CC.

With a fun core group of members we invite you to join us help celebrate the 8th year of our having the best time we can.

I hear lots saying: So what do you have to offer that other Country Clubs do not?

The answer to an extent, for those in an established, active Country Club is: Probably not much more.

However, if:

• You are a newer player and need Tips and Advice - our Quick Links posts are the best of the best and we have members willing to help.
    • You are an intermediate player and want to improve your game just a tad more - our Forum and higher level members are always there to assist.
    • You are a high level player and want some real competition - we have got it.
    • You are any level player and just getting frustrated by people who leave when their game is off - our members do not quit a round.
    • You are really not into the pressure of having to play all out for Clashes - there is no pressure if you just want to play one to get a few passes or not play at all.
    • You are a player where you get a voice in the future of your CC - The Peoples Club is true to its name.

The Peoples Club, a no pressure, fun place that will be the 4th Country Club to be a level 20 in mid-January.

Think about it. It maybe the best New Years Resolution you made.

EE

Two quick notes on our logo above.

On December 28th seven years ago somewhere in the UK wootton100 formed The Peoples Club.  In 2 months we grew to 143 members. After he "burned out" he transferred the ownership of our CC to BigMugsey also from the UK. Just a number of months later we got the owner we all grew up with here at our Country Club courteneyfish.  Courteney is why most of us old timers are here and are still here. When Courteney decided it was time to move on 3 years after taking ownership; she passed the baton to me.

Our logo therefore contains the flags of our heritage.  The UK, The Isle of Man and the US.

The two balls to the side of the flags represent that we are a global Country Club and we are committed to our members, even after they leave us in more then one way. Old Timers on WGT will note the logo on the golf ball is the design of Tekoma  a member we all regret losing.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 8:10 PM

And another fun fact: December 28 is my birthday. But I will be starting my 58th year. :-)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:56 AM

Happy birthday to both of you - rejoice and be happy!!

• fourdude
    1,311 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 1:26 PM

Congratulations to TPC, I loved my time there and learned alot from the great players in the club.

• PenguinSkip
    2,374 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 1:48 PM

Congratulations, Ed, and the rest of the club. 

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:58 PM

Great club and great people there.

Happy Birthday folks and wishing you continued success.

G.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Fri, Dec 29 2017 7:49 AM
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
  • BushcraftOnFire
    3,325 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 7:34 PM

If you're looking for a terrific club.. with plenty of competitive tournaments and some great people to help you grow along the way The People's Club is for you!

We have Legends, Tour Legends, and Champions that are eager to help lower level players advance and teach them some of the tricks of WGT. We also have a tremendous help section that will teach you many finer points of the game.

There are regularly 10-15 tournaments running at any given time.. both free and credit tourny's to enable you to win some free credits.  Above all.. The People's Club has some people that will encourage you, listen to you, and just generally care about others.. both in the game and personally! 

If you're looking for a terrific club to join.. and be a part of.. this is a club you should join. If interested, message EasyEdward or myself and we will send you an invite. We'd be happy to hear from you!

David

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 12:17 AM

Congratulations to TPC - it is indeed a club that is well respected and has some fine members, both past and present. 

Nice to see a chronology and brief background on the club, although the links for the previous owners do not work.

I always see the "owner" of a club as a caretaker, and their job is to improve the club and leave their legacy as a stronger club before handing over the reins - and I would say each owner has succeeded at TPC.

Interesting status Edward........Ms Fish taught you well lol.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 9:32 AM

Thanks for your (and others) comments about our CC.

alanti:
    Nice to see a chronology and brief background on the club, although the links for the previous owners do not work.

Links are fixed.

RSS