Forums

Help › Forums

What will it take to reverse the 1 hole format?

Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:51 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 8:16 AM

Okay, so in the few short weeks WGT made this simply terrible change, I realize this topic has already been beaten on.  The question is, what will it take for WGT to change it back - or is that a pipe dream?    I've asked many players if they like the change, and virtually everyone hates it. A majority played the $18K Casablanca room, ($10K to enter).  That is now a 1 hole room.  In addition to the lousy 1 hole format - another problem is XP points are much less if you simply compete in this room.  It would take me forever to continue to progress levels if I continued to play in this room.  So bottom line, I'm just not going to compete there anymore.  I'm forced to play in the Beverly Hills room which is only $4.5K.  I'm quickly losing interest in all of this.

I realize not everyone plays the coin rooms - so if you don't no need to comment.  Otherwise, what will it take for WGT to change it back?  I guess it comes down to money as always.  If people are truly disgusted which I know they are, maybe we just walk away?  I realize that WGT staff never seem to respond to these threads,  but wouldn't it be nice to get some type of acknowledgment that their customers hate this change?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 9:41 AM

The fact that players are complaining about it is a start . At the same time dont expect them to jump just because of the complaints . The change may come with the next update so give it time . After all its the holiday for them at WGT too so staffing will be light . Even though some of us dont play the mobile game we are aware of whats going on. We cant understand why the complaining over the coins which have no worth at all in the game .

If playing for credits which do have a use and value then the majority of us could understand . But with coins which are free and useless the rest just seems like a waste of time . But here`s a thought . Why not play the pc version of the game where you wont have these problems ? With the pc version you either play for credits or for fun . You make and have friends and the game is much more of a blast . So come on over to the wild side and have some fun , you`ll be glad that you did . :-)

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 7:53 PM

Although I already put my thoughts in another post, I agree with Lonnie that the PC version is really where one should focus on. I played the first 6 month exclusively on mobile - simply because I wasn't even aware there was a pc version. Once I switched, I hated it as it is such a different game to mobile. but the longer you play, you realize it is the much better game version. more realistic and much more social ... and yes, way more interesting to play for a handful of credits than the useless coins. All I really ever did on mobile was playing bracket tournaments in the past as the coin game,- no mater for how many holes seems a bit pointless and when you play with some rude or unsocial guys even the fun part gets diminished ...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 9:29 AM

QuotaRelief:

Okay, so in the few short weeks WGT made this simply terrible change, I realize this topic has already been beaten on.  The question is, what will it take for WGT to change it back - or is that a pipe dream?    I've asked many players if they like the change, and virtually everyone hates it. A majority played the $18K Casablanca room, ($10K to enter).  That is now a 1 hole room.  In addition to the lousy 1 hole format - another problem is XP points are much less if you simply compete in this room.  It would take me forever to continue to progress levels if I continued to play in this room.  So bottom line, I'm just not going to compete there anymore.  I'm forced to play in the Beverly Hills room which is only $4.5K.  I'm quickly losing interest in all of this.

I realize not everyone plays the coin rooms - so if you don't no need to comment.  Otherwise, what will it take for WGT to change it back?  I guess it comes down to money as always.  If people are truly disgusted which I know they are, maybe we just walk away?  I realize that WGT staff never seem to respond to these threads,  but wouldn't it be nice to get some type of acknowledgment that their customers hate this change?

XP rate is actually higher. get the same xp for the golf. as it's a per stroke per hole kind of a thing. But if you hit the play video every time your xp rate will go up. 

Play the 50k room.  at least you have a 9 hole option. legends and above are stuck with 1 and 3 holes. (monaco doesn't count as far as im concerned. Dumb to go all in when a bad break or two can cost you a match. I build up coins over time by playing the odds. Knowing I will win more than i lose.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:59 AM

QuotaRelief:
    I realize not everyone plays the coin rooms - so if you don't no need to comment.

Actually, you would want those people (especially if they've been here a long time) to comment. And the reason is that your basic question is how do players get WGT to change a feature that people dislike. Trust me, long-time players will have a lot of experience in this area.

Or to put it another way: this isn't the first time that WGT has made a change that users dislike. So the question you raise is not unique to the mobile platform

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:58 AM

QuotaRelief:

Otherwise, what will it take for WGT to change it back?

You have obviously not been around very long, "THEY WON'T"....they did it for a reason they think was greater than great, like it or not it is here to stay...now they might make a few changes months down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Welcome to WGT world Mobile players, you are now official members of the "Because we said so, now bend over and take it like an adult" club...

You will find that "ALL" the whining in the world won't change squat, the answer, and only answer, they need will be found in the site quarterly statistics they see as time goes on!

I for one am glad to see that they finally screwed up the mobile game with one of their improvements, they have almost destroyed the PC version at times trying....maybe it will stop now! No offense intended.

Now WGT, what we really need is a Forum specifically for the mobile players, just to handle all these threads that will be coming with all the new improvements made LMFAO

I have no idea what they are talking about, WTF is a room? Coins, 3 hole games, 1 hole, 25k to get in, avatar clothing, betting a million dollars? WTF have you created over there! LOL

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 12:39 PM

fatdan:
    I for one am glad to see that they finally screwed up the mobile game with one of their improvements, they have almost destroyed the PC version at times trying....maybe it will stop now!

^+1^

With the question of "What will it take to reverse the one hole format?".....get together. One thread / post - hundreds of voices. Round up all the folks here that are posting in umpteen posts and threads and get them to flock to just the one post. It will take time to friend and message them, but multiple "gripes" will just get diluted (IMHO).

Good luck.

G.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 1:28 PM

Love the 1 hole format.  Not sure what the big deal is.  Gary

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:09 PM

Gary,

I'm with you. Can knock out a game on a five minute break. And the tie-break is a great addition.

• QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:46 PM

Interesting to hear there's at least a few people who like the 1 hole format.  Can honestly say I've polled at least 25 people in recent games and I didn't get one person to say they liked the 1 hole format.  In fact everyone I asked confirmed they hate it.   I do agree that the playoff is cool.  It's actually almost necessary in the 1 hole format.  I'd say at least 75% of the 1 hole games I've played in seem to go to the playoff.

• PAGES
RSS