Help › Forums

Hole 4 at Kaiwah

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:08 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dingers
    55 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 6:24 AM

I have no problem getting on the green with my second shot but im always to the left of the pin leaving a large putt for birdie , anyone have a tip for leaving a reasonable putt for birdie ?

Regards  Matt

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 12:16 PM

Look at the green in zoom mode and look at that hump formed by the leftmost trap. If you can get the ball to either land on top of that hump and trickle down or roll over it from the fairway you'll find yourself with a birdie putt.

What works for me is to put the aimer at the top of that hump, slightly to the green side and then adjust for wind and distance to hit that spot. GL

YJ

p.s., get used to hitting out of that trap if you try this because if you miss you're in it.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 7:10 PM

Sometimes holes like that should be played for par unless your already behind and pressing..

Ive seen alot of rounds that were ruined by leaving those kind of shots short and in far worse trouble.

If you hit to the safe center of the green..you can still make birdy far easier than from a bunker..

But my game sucks cause i cant consistantly hit the meter so im prone to play safe more often then not.

somedays ill shot -4thru -6.. but most rounds are around-3 to +3 hense my pathetic 72 stroke avg. ( i turn in virtually every rnd.

• dingers
    55 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 7:18 PM

Thanks for the replies guys , par is usually my option but i was just looking for an edge i did however manage to birdie following Yankeejims instructions , cheers

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 6:57 AM

this kiawah #4 saved shot shows how i play it....this shot is from the rough (in the ADT CTTH), but it shows how to play a fade around the front bunker for a tap in birdie....playing this fade shot from the fairway in a ranked round is of course a bit easier....it is one of my goals to eagle this hole some day.

gl

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 4:25 PM

If you care to have a look at my replays. The one titled  "this is how 4 is played"  Ran it up real close on that one.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:56 AM

mol & dri,

Great tips, thanks for the pointers you 2 and all the other great players share with us.

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:32 AM

nice example here.  Just wanted to let you and all other Master players that I appreciate the illustrated example given, to help us who are still in Pro ranks, trying to improve our game.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:10 PM

Thanks again guys, I put one within 11' tonight with help from this lesson. See 9/29 replay.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:55 PM

well done...and i see your scores are on the improve today...nice 35 you posted...congrats!

gl

• PAGES
RSS