Forums

Help › Forums

New layout of head to head

Thu, Aug 29 2019 9:55 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MikeDeaton
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 7:37 AM

The way you play the game on head to head now really sucks....really?...the reason you play golf is to come back on your opponent if you are 1 or 2 strokes behind...now...the 1st one to get one stroke ahead wins.....that is not golf....that is not what WGT was about...but I see $$$$$$$ has taken over and greed has gotten the better of the game.....I want to play golf head to head...not compete with points and prizes....hell any golf game offers that....this game use to be the best most real...now its just another "game of points"...I havw spent alot of money on here over the years...and now its just been wasted away....Thanks WGT

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 1:28 PM

Call www.wgt.com in a browser on PC - there you can play matches and A/S games up to 18 holes on all courses for free.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 3:16 PM

Don't like don't play

• Suts10
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 5:08 PM
    Totally changed the ethos of the game! Just designed to rip off the coins we've earned! Please re-think or this game is dead!
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 6:40 PM

The last I heard 3 holes wasn’t golf either unless it was a 3 hole playoff after a tournament ended in a tie.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 7:08 PM

borntobesting:
    The last I heard 3 holes wasn’t golf either unless it was a 3 hole playoff after a tournament ended in a tie.

What ya talkin bout, Willis!

Three hole play is the very soul of golf. It's the perfect embodiment of the social aspect as well as the rich history of golf that has always emphasized playing 3 holes.

/sarcasm

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Dec 24 2017 10:19 AM

Robert1893:

borntobesting:

What ya talkin bout, Willis!

Three hole play is the very soul of golf. It's the perfect embodiment of the social aspect as well as the rich history of golf that has always emphasized playing 3 holes.

/sarcasm

lol,play 9 holes bud its enjoyable.

Robert did you have Arnolds face when you typed that?hehe

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2017 9:45 AM

@Borat

I did try playing a couple of 1-hole matches. I can see why there's a bit of a fuss over chatting with people.

At the end of one match, the other player sent me a nice note to congratulate me on the win. I had already birdied the hole, and he had a putt for par. So, he took the time allotted to him for putting and sent me a nice note. But I'm still not familiar enough with the layout of everything to reply right away. And then it seemed like I couldn't reply. I felt a bit bad about not replying.

The other issue is the green speeds. The couple of times I played, the greens were slow (I think they were 7.4). I've forgotten how to putt on those greens. But that's more of an issue for me. Even so, it does make me want to play less. That's also one of the reasons I stopped playing some of the tournaments in my CC. I don't like playing on different speed greens all the time.

But again, that's just my issue. It has nothing to do with game.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2017 4:07 PM

Robert1893:

@Borat

I did try playing a couple of 1-hole matches. I can see why there's a bit of a fuss over chatting with people.

At the end of one match, the other player sent me a nice note to congratulate me on the win. I had already birdied the hole, and he had a putt for par. So, he took the time allotted to him for putting and sent me a nice note. But I'm still not familiar enough with the layout of everything to reply right away. And then it seemed like I couldn't reply. I felt a bit bad about not replying.

The other issue is the green speeds. The couple of times I played, the greens were slow (I think they were 7.4). I've forgotten how to putt on those greens. But that's more of an issue for me. Even so, it does make me want to play less. That's also one of the reasons I stopped playing some of the tournaments in my CC. I don't like playing on different speed greens all the time.

But again, that's just my issue. It has nothing to do with game.

Ive not tried it Yet Robert but i got a nice new Android device so im going to give it a go over the holidays,its not the Green speeds that are a problem for me anyway as i try to adjust if i can,its the case of only 1 hole,i play that for consecutive days when i dont have time to play,so i can probably judge it a bit better then.

• Th0maz700
    485 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 4:21 PM

How do i play head to head on the pc?  

Easy to find on mobile, but cant find it on pc

• PAGES
RSS