Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament difficulty

Fri, Feb 2 2018 1:04 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Morse
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 7:32 AM

Has WGT made playing tournaments harder? I am now at Master level and the number of putts that just miss or the speed of the greens has changed is definitely more varied than when I was playing a tour pro level. Any comments?

Has WGT considered dropping players to a lower level when they can no longer get near par for their level?  Prior to moving up played with an average score of 68 and now I can't get lower than 75!!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 8:15 AM

Yes, playing becomes harder when rising in tier. Officially, it's only the next further tee box, but wind effects etc. will have more and more varying impact. Green speed stays "very fast" until Tour Master @63.00 average.

Nope, they won't let you descend. You're supposed to adapt to the new level of play by skills or by credit input - new clubs.

For you, it may be worth to drop the hybrid and add a third wedge - preferably a short one, 64° and 50 or 60 yds shot length.

You will adapt to the new game, so keep your head up and have fun!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 1:05 PM

You will get it down. Don't give up and keep plugging. We have all been there

• PSU1973
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2018 8:39 AM

I wasnt sure where to post this so I figured here was the best. I am a little confused on how someone on the PRO tier can shot a 60 on 18 hole tourney..At a pro level I find that a little crazy..How do I win Credits to buy better clubs if I shot an 80 and I am #3762. . (play more right) If you are shotting 60 you SHOULD NOT be at the Pro level?????? Ufair to people starting out because only way to get better clubs is to buy. I understand running this great game is not cheap by any means but a little give and take would be nice IMO.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2018 9:20 AM

PSU1973:
    How do I win Credits to buy better clubs [...]
    It's not that way but inverse: Buy clubs to - perhaps - win games and credits!

As for Pros shooting 60, check the Community Spotlight on top of the Community / Players tab: Loads of talented and "talented" users shooting below 58 regardless of their tier. IMHO, that's the freak show of cheaters, but they aren't blocked, rather return with clockwork precision. It's a part of this game's world, but apart from that, there's a lot of fun at your fingertips!

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2018 1:39 PM

PSU1973

Play all the Free (Stroke) Tournaments. It doesn't cost you any thing and if you place in the top 70 you earn some credits. I usually wait until Tuesdays and look at the projected cut line. (The last score on the bottom of the First page)

Then Practice, trying to beat that score. You're not going to finish 1st all the time but in 2017 I earned 500 Credits and finished in the top 10 a couple times.

UEL is a good weekly Tournament. But if you get too good, you'll Teir Up and have to start all over again.  Map your Clubs with your Balls and remember 'DELAYED GRATIFICATION' with your earned credits. Don't buy until you have to! 

Last but not least -Just Have Fun, maybe join a CC. They have tournaments for credits with less competition.

Siders Best

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 3:31 AM

PSU1973:
    .How do I win Credits to buy better clubs if I shot an 80 and I am #3762.

You might want to consider playing in the weekly free CTTH tournament. Today is Saturday and there have been 45 scores posted for the Pro tier.  The top 70  will get paid. I understand that the purse is only 400 credits but still they are credits and you can play it multiple times. Add to this the practice that you get in playing approach shots which end up making putting so much easier.

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 10:27 PM

There are ways to get free credits.  Its slow, but all my equipment and balls was bought with just the free credits.  So far today i have gained almost 200 credits by watching videos on the mobile app and doing the web views here.  Check the free credits tab.  Surveys are the best way to get credits, but takes awhile to get one sometimes.

With the mobile app videos, i just open the app and start while i am doing other things.  same with on this site.  They run in the background.

There is almost no way I will ever win a tournament with a high credit payout, so I just play ready go's or brackets.  Country clubs are a good place also, few credits but they are there.

So, keep playing to get better, start collecting the free credits and they will add up fast.  I have 1800 now and Im running the web views as I type.  1800 is not a lot, but I earned them this week.

Good luck,

dacrash

• JanLlobet1960
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 11:59 AM

I agree with you, It's a very nice application to play, but I thinks it´s a scam. Every time I am to win a tournament, there always comes a 68-75 player that shoots a 56 or 60 in a 18 hole final round. of course I have to pay every now and then to keep playing. I hold responsible to WGT for not being honest.  I'll advise not to buy more equipment, I've being playing the same for two years now and it's the same stuff. They will change speed so you will fail, will not respect wind, distance, green speed conditions, etc. I'm sure there is a way to prove this facts. It never fails, as soon as you're in a winning path, they'll do something for you to loose. It's a software and as all, it's very "manageable". Good luck. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 11:36 AM

JanLlobet1960:

I agree with you, It's a very nice application to play, but I thinks it´s a scam. Every time I am to win a tournament, there always comes a 68-75 player that shoots a 56 or 60 in a 18 hole final round. of course I have to pay every now and then to keep playing. I hold responsible to WGT for not being honest.  I'll advise not to buy more equipment, I've being playing the same for two years now and it's the same stuff. They will change speed so you will fail, will not respect wind, distance, green speed conditions, etc. I'm sure there is a way to prove this facts. It never fails, as soon as you're in a winning path, they'll do something for you to loose. It's a software and as all, it's very "manageable". Good luck. 

WGT watches those players that shoot 15 shots better, they boot them when they find them.

The problem is, they just start another account. Why anyone would want to cheat in an online game, is beyond me. But, they do.

• PAGES
RSS