Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Lagging

Thu, Jun 20 2019 3:06 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ProfessorPutz
    57 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 6:38 PM

Since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my last viable broeswer to play WGT on is ruined. I can't keep even a little control over the meter, and therefore can barely keep the ball in play.

I am not a beginner, I've been doing this for years. I have tested Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Maxthon. None currently do the job and it's quite frustrating. I have followed all the "tips" in your performance sticky note, to no avail.

Are there any new tips published since 2009? It's really not fun playing like this any more.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 9:11 PM
    ProfessorPutz:
    Since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my last viable broeswer to play WGT on is ruined.

Restore to time before the update ?

Worked here when maxthon took it on themselves to override the instructions NOT to update last week.
  • whank
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:36 PM

We are a small club level 18 and expanding looking  for members who enjoy having fun,we offer (FREE) putter & swing meters for our members.All we ask is you play at least one round per day using the free daily pass for the club if possiable, try be as active as you can, take part in the club clashes,and club events,as often as you can,try and help out where you can.So if this sounds like something you would like to do just hit me up or click this link and click invite to theTHE CHULUOTA FLORIDA COUNTRY CLUB.

We would love to have you as a member.Thanks whank club Director just contact littlejohn61 owner and just say whank sent you ,looking for serious players ......Ladies welcome also...........:)

• charting0
    19 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 1:43 AM

yes do what I do use internet explorer  it runs no jerks

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 4:33 AM

What browser do  you prefer playing on, and how many browsers do you have.

I had the same problem and I have Maxthon 4.4.8.1000, and older one with an older flash. In the settings on Maxthon I have Update shut off .

The reason why I ask about how many browsers, is because they all want to load at startup, I have them shut off at startup. Especially Google Chrome, its resource Hog.

I was told about Maxthon 4.4.8 on these forums and was great advice.

• ProfessorPutz
    57 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 9:12 AM

Thanks.

I have Edge, Chrome and Firefox installed, all up to date. I should have thought to turn off updates to Maxthon when I was using it, but it updated to a much more full-featured browser, and it didn't run WGT smoothly any more.

I'm pretty sure I tried to reinstall an older version back then (maybe a year ago?) but I was unable to do it successfully. I went back and forth with Maxthon tech help several times. I'll give it another try.

For the last year, I've been using Edge, which gave me the only smooth meter, but it also won't save my WGT preferences, so I have to logon every time, and I have to reset the game options before I play every time. It is a hassle, but it was the best I could do.

I have Chrome, Firefos and Edge installed, and none start on startup. My laptop is from 2009, and my cable gives me about 11.5 mbps which has been sufficient for all my purposes, including streaming movies. I haven't even had the wgt game crashing in a long time, either (knock on wood).

Thanks again for your assistance.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 9:56 AM

ProfessorPutz:
    For the last year, I've been using Edge, which gave me the only smooth meter, but it also won't save my WGT preferences, so I have to logon every time, and I have to reset the game options before I play every time. It is a hassle, but it was the best I could do.

Go into your settings and where it says Clear Browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

Then uncheck cookies and website data and cached data and files. Now click save.

You will have to do it manually after that.

This is for Edge. It would apply to other browsers as well 

• ProfessorPutz
    57 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 1:00 PM

OK, great! I tried just using a 2012 Maxthon, but it was 4.9.5.1000 and did not work right. So I googled 4.4.8.1000 specifically and yes! Perfect.

I do not see a way to block updates other tha remembering not to update when asked.

Do you know of a setting that explicitly says to avoid updates? I would like to lock this in until forever.

Being able to hit my meter mark within 1 pixel is like using a Max Meter ball - so good!

Thanks again.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 1:22 PM

DonCaron:

Go into your settings and where it says Clear Browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

Then uncheck cookies and website data and cached data and files. Now click save.

You will have to do it manually after that.

Is that what you meant to say? Doing all that would allow cookies to be saved and eliminates the issue of having to log on every time which is what I thought you wanted to say.  :-)

@PP-The key is the cookies. If you can see where to white list WGT, allow them to store cookies. They're harmless bits of information stored on your computer that remember you and your settings. Don's advice is good.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 2:01 PM
    To stop Maxthon updating, try THIS.
  • PAGES
RSS