Forums

Help › Forums

maxthon browser

Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:04 AM (38 replies)
  • bob2putt
    1,234 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 1:39 PM
    I have always used Maxthon until their updates ruined wgt play for me. I went to "http://www.oldversion.com/windows/maxthon/" and downloaded the version I originally started using 4.0.3.3000 2 years ago and deactivated the auto update function and i have the smooth meter i love. Try it, you can get any old browser on this site but the link is for maxthon, Good Luck Bob
  • Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 2:30 AM

DonCaron:
    You can see switch Browser Core on this list from the menu. You want Retro

When I click over to Retro it takes away the left hand Play Now / Friends etc box !! So I have to keep it at Ultra, so that I can play etc. Why does this happen and how can I remedy this so that I can try the Retro setting 

I am using Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 and Flash version is 18.0.0.232. I have used Maxthon for 2 - 3 yrs now and have found this version pretty good on the whole

In general I have little problem with the meter, it does fly past the ding button sometimes, but really I just accept that if I miss the ding that is my hand/eye coordination at fault. But it would be good to see if the Retro setting will help.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:58 AM

Fencer100:

DonCaron:
    You can see switch Browser Core on this list from the menu. You want Retro

When I click over to Retro it takes away the left hand Play Now / Friends etc box !! So I have to keep it at Ultra, so that I can play etc. Why does this happen and how can I remedy this so that I can try the Retro setting 

I am using Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 and Flash version is 18.0.0.232. I have used Maxthon for 2 - 3 yrs now and have found this version pretty good on the whole

In general I have little problem with the meter, it does fly past the ding button sometimes, but really I just accept that if I miss the ding that is my hand/eye coordination at fault. But it would be good to see if the Retro setting will help.

Make the switch from the game client page . I use the Ultra mode for everything from reading and posting in the forums to doing the surveys and videos for credits . I use the Retro mode only for playing the game . So alternate between the 2 when using the maxthon browser .

Also you will have to attach another version of flash if you want to use the Retro mode . The 18.0 comes attached to the browser which is the Ultra mode .

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:20 AM

I lost everything due to having to reinstall windows a few weeks ago., I just now got around to reinstalling Maxthon cloud version 4.4.8.1000. 

Ultra core is running Flash version 29.0.0.171. However Retro core is running flash version 30.0.0.113. Ultra core  is Webkit and the flash version  can be changed manually. But Retro core is Trident as as far as I can tell the flash version for Retro core (Trident) in built-in and can not be changed manually. 

lonniescott711:

Also you will have to attach another version of flash if you want to use the Retro mode . The 18.0 comes attached to the browser which is the Ultra mode .

Seems like they made so big changes in Maxthon cloud's flash. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 7:04 AM

I have Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 also, and Flash 18.0 is what it uses. Flash and Browser will not update.

It tries to get you to fix your desktop icon, don't fall for it. It will update

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:43 AM

DonCaron:

I have Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 also, and Flash 18.0 is what it uses. Flash and Browser will not update.

It tries to get you to fix your desktop icon, don't fall for it. It will update

Is that what that is? Thankfully, I've just ignored it.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 11:38 AM

ScottHope:

I have Maxthon 3 and prevent it from updating by disabling the update file. Maxthon 4 may also use this file but I'm not sure.

The file is called MxUp.exe and can be found here, (assuming Maxthon is installed on your C drive)...

C ⋙ Program Files ⋙ Maxthon3 [or Maxthon4 if you have that ] ⋙ Bin ⋙ MxUp.exe

The file can be disabled by renaming the extension. This way you can prevent it from running and also still find it should you ever need to re-enable it.

Renaming the extension is simply a case of replacing the .exe with something else, .unused for example.

Yes Maxthon cloud uses the same file but renaming the extension doesn't work, When you load Maxthon cloud it must look for the Mxup.exe file. When it doesn't find it the program generates a new Mxup.exe file. For that reason I uninstalled Maxthon cloud and installed Maxthon 3 and hopefully with renaming Mxup.exe in Maxthon 3 will stop any updates.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 12:07 PM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 12:45 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Using Maxthon 3, some ads to find there way through. Some WGT tournaments it will show the SkyTrack ad at the beginning of the round or at the turn when playing 18.

I have a program named Stop Ad that with the free version you can have it on one browser and change the browser you have it on once. I changed it to Maxthon 3 and no ads. You can get Stop Ad pro that you can use on all your browsers and the pro version also blocks trackers. But I refuse to pay almost $3 a month for something that should be free.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:01 PM

borntobesting:

ScottHope:

I have Maxthon 3 and prevent it from updating by disabling the update file. Maxthon 4 may also use this file but I'm not sure.

The file is called MxUp.exe and can be found here, (assuming Maxthon is installed on your C drive)...

C ⋙ Program Files ⋙ Maxthon3 [or Maxthon4 if you have that ] ⋙ Bin ⋙ MxUp.exe

The file can be disabled by renaming the extension. This way you can prevent it from running and also still find it should you ever need to re-enable it.

Renaming the extension is simply a case of replacing the .exe with something else, .unused for example.

Yes Maxthon cloud uses the same file but renaming the extension doesn't work, When you load Maxthon cloud it must look for the Mxup.exe file. When it doesn't find it the program generates a new Mxup.exe file. For that reason I uninstalled Maxthon cloud and installed Maxthon 3 and hopefully with renaming Mxup.exe in Maxthon 3 will stop any updates.

That's what i did along with shutting it off in the task manager

RSS