Forums

Help › Forums

How exactly do apparel benefits of work?

Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:54 AM (29 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 7:25 AM

JPthePro:

LouisPeter0:

I still don't understand how, if I'm playing H2H matches in the coin rooms, and play in the same room all the time but on different courses each match, the apparel effect seems to come and go--sometimes it's ON, sometimes it's OFF!

I just don't get it. 

Also happens to me sometimes, I guess it`s a bug that will be fixed soon.

Does anyone notice anything specific with this issue? Like a specific course that isn't allowing apparel benefits? Or if their opponent is using default apparel? 

_CHAMPION

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:13 AM

Random behavior. Which course does not seem to affect the apparel performance in my experience.

It's just unreliable. Sometimes my driver and irons show more or less yards than the apparel is boosting the club with, so it's a gamble everytime it happens. Could be costly on a par 3 hole in Bellagio when your 4 iron shows the wrong performance.

Will it shoot with the apparel bonus or without? lol

Please look into this wgt :)

I rarely meet players with basic kit, so I don't think that is an issue for players with random apparel behavior.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 10:54 AM

We are looking into it, but we haven't been able to reproduce. We've played a ton of coin games with each other and haven't seen it. Which is why we're routinely asking for more information to see if anything lines up between reports. 

_CHAMPION 

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 12:01 PM

WGTChampion:

We are looking into it, but we haven't been able to reproduce. We've played a ton of coin games with each other and haven't seen it. Which is why we're routinely asking for more information to see if anything lines up between reports. 

_CHAMPION 

Understandably. 

I have sent screenshots in a CC-form a while ago. Can't remember what number my req was though.

A restart of the app usually fixes it, but it can come and go during an hours play.

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2018 5:45 AM

This absolutely happens with mine a fair amount as well.

It seems to be completely random. Sometimes the apparel benefits will show as attributed on the club yardages, sometimes they're off either completely, or from where they usually are when correctly/fully attributed (287 driver for example with a level 9 SE hat has shown 297, 303 and 305) - same with the irons, sometimes showing not attributed at all, or just a random number from the normal attributed yardages.

I can never tell if they're hitting the numbers shown, and I don't think they are at times. I played that Merion water hole par 3 in a H2H Rio game for example, where the pin usually sits at the front of the green in the 'bowl', and a yardage I'm quite familiar with - hit 2 brand new Nike 81's into the water back to back. The second shot was even shorter than the first after adding yardage - I was a bit livid.

It can be mind boggling and maddening, and there has been no specific thing that I can detect that causes the anomaly. It's completely random, although I think it does seem to happen to me during the first 1 or 2 H2H games and then usually resets/corrects.

I also don't know if it's attributed to this same issue - but it seems the tie-breaker approach shots always play drastically short from how the hole would normally play. I've lost a few balls from total flyers, or overshot the pin by 20 yards, and it leaves me baffled.

I'm still getting the 3108 error at the end of coin games as well, especially when sponsorships are active.

Cheers!

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2018 6:23 PM

It's almost  like one would be better off in the long run forgoing the apparel and just sticking with the basic outfit. That way no matter which course one plays, or which kind of tournament one plays, or whether one is playing on a desktop or on the mobile platform, in theory at least the performance of one's equipment will always be predictable. 

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Fri, Feb 9 2018 9:02 AM

But then we don't get to play adult barbie. It would be cool if we could select apparel items, but be able to turn the attributes off. (Or at least get some more simple, classic colors instead of all the absurd stuff that keeps getting pumped out; albeit fun at times.)

There are certain combination I'd prefer, but don't want the specific attributes affecting my clubs, etc.

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:53 AM

the bug is still there. I still have it rarely in mobile H2H at least for the driver which should show 305 yd and sometimes shows 287 or 303

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:30 PM

I have reported completely unrealistic shots but I don't know or can't say I have experienced this specific issue that is being reported in the later part of the thread.  If I play the WGT mobile tournament the sponsor boosts are not available.  If I go into a coin game, the sponsor boosts reappear.

Another aspect that may be important is to identify and share or report your specific software, version etc and the device you are using.  Some issues may be specific to certain devices and not others.

I have had shots not react as expected, but that happens on the desktop version as well.  Sometimes when things seem really wonky, I wonder if VEM is somehow taking effect and yes, I have noticed it around water holes where you are more likely to lose a ball.  I would rather give coins away that I can't use to replace balls with, than risk losing a ball if the game is acting up.  Just me though.  

• Rooster2821
    107 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:15 AM

Huh, what? Clothes give you an advantage or disadvantage? What will WGT think of next hahahaha. So If I play ala naked I get no benny's? Too funny. Hey but wait, If i do play naked, that gives me an extra club to use right? Come one come on, you know that was funny :-P

RSS