Forums

Help › Forums

How exactly do apparel benefits of work?

Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:54 AM (29 replies)
  • Letmein770
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 9:53 PM

This is an example as a question… If I have putting forgiveness of +14 from one item and putting forgiveness of +7 from another item to these add together? Does one override the other? Etc. Specifically I’m Trying to figure out how the pluses and minuses work in the math win multiple items address the same skill

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 6:40 PM

Huh?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 8:09 PM

Letmein770:
    If I have putting forgiveness of +14 from one item and putting forgiveness of +7 from another item to these add together?

I suppose so although I haven't seen or experienced any drastic improvement on putting forgiveness.

The bottom line is (still) you've got to know your aim point and the exact amount of power required for each green speed to allow the ball stay on the proper breaking line and drop into the hole.

Cheers and see you in H2H matches. :-)

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 9:21 PM
    dchallenger:

Huh?

Legitimate question for those on the mobile platform.
  • Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Fri, Dec 8 2017 6:39 AM

As my apparel that boosts my coin count when winning, I suppose everything adds up. 

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 7:18 PM

For anyone that has tried to figure out the mobile apparel this is a legit question.....my answer.....only go for the extra Xp's or coins....the rest is gibberish.....just like buying putters that have  better specs than the one you already have.....really..did I think that few extra dots of crap would make a diff?...of course it did..now I have a few thousand fewer credits!!

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 8:14 PM

Letmein770:

This is an example as a question… If I have putting forgiveness of +14 from one item and putting forgiveness of +7 from another item to these add together? Does one override the other? Etc. Specifically I’m Trying to figure out how the pluses and minuses work in the math win multiple items address the same skill

I think what the OP is asking about is how to determine if there is any actual effect from apparel items, and how to calculate that effect.

For example, a particular shirt is rated +5 for driving distance, and a particular glove is rated +3. What do those numbers even mean? And if you wear the shirt and the glove together can you expect that your driver distance will be that much greater? And how much greater?

Can you mix and match items without them canceling each other out? For example, can you wear the Fox Wind hat with the Clayton and Mills glove and the Swing Edge shoes? Or does your entire ensemble have to be from the same manufacturer in order for the effects to work?

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 5:01 AM
    Letmein770:

Yes they add up. I have a total of 12% coin gain when I win. My apparel coin % adds up.
  • LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 6:21 PM

I still don't understand how, if I'm playing H2H matches in the coin rooms, and play in the same room all the time but on different courses each match, the apparel effect seems to come and go--sometimes it's ON, sometimes it's OFF!

I just don't get it. 

• JPthePro
    8 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 3:08 AM

LouisPeter0:

I still don't understand how, if I'm playing H2H matches in the coin rooms, and play in the same room all the time but on different courses each match, the apparel effect seems to come and go--sometimes it's ON, sometimes it's OFF!

I just don't get it. 

Also happens to me sometimes, I guess it`s a bug that will be fixed soon.

RSS