Forums

Help › Forums

Just Wondering

Fri, Nov 24 2017 4:39 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:45 PM
    Having just received a negative response from "members@wgt.com" in regards to a small favor that used to be granted, by the moderators, without hesitation, prior to Topgolfs' acquisition. Will WGT/ Topgolf be participating in any form in this years community Christmas event hosted by Mr. C. ? I think the long standing members of the community ( an' even some of the short ones ) would like to know just what kind of PR we can expect, which, up to this point, I must say has been dismal at best. A simple yes or no would be fine, but, to be honest, with the track record I've observed, I don't even expect an answer. Doc :(
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:49 PM
    I don't think you'll get an answer either Doc. IMHO i can't see the game lasting much longer. Topgolf are looking for an excuse to shut the site down. They have no interest whatsoever in improving anything here.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:55 PM

What makes you think this year is going to be any different than years past? Sounds like futile wishful thinking.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 5:43 PM

Doc .  As good standing members of this community let us rally fore " 

OPY 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:04 PM

Ran the July event once or twice . after the Mr Caddie started it all some years ago when the game was yonger  . 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:44 PM

opyeuclid:

Doc .  As good standing members of this community let us rally fore " 

OPY 

Therein lies a perfect example of why WGT stands by and watches-the community steps up.

Who's getting played here?  :-|

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:46 PM

YankeeJim:
    What makes you think this year is going to be any different than years past? Sounds like futile wishful thinking.

Been here long enough to remember when they used to pony up a 'lil. Now seems as if all the Mods are constrained by a gag order, an' they ( Topgolf ) are systematically tryin' to dismantle the community we ( the loyal customers ) built with WGT. "Slap in the face, eff ya all, pay up, shut up, take what we give ya, or go somewhere else". Hell of a business strategy. The good people are what keeps me here, but, when they ( TG ) continually remind us of our insignificance, even with that, it's gettin' harder to justify staying. I'll probably play what I got, hang around for the Christmas thing, an' go from there. Ain't sayin' I'm leavin', as my record shows, I just play less an' less. Plain ol' human nature, when it stops bein' fun, we look elsewhere.

Doc :(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:55 PM

drmoose:
    . I'll probably play what I got, hang around for the Christmas thing, an' go from there.

You're as full of crap as a Christmas goose. You don't play the victim well so give it up and accept it for what it is that keeps us connected. Beating up on the onesidedness of the relationship is getting tedious. They ain't gonna change and could give 2 craps about what you're going to do.

Can you say blunt?  LOL

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 7:10 PM

Doc, not to take away from your point regarding TG, but as I recall, MC didn't host the annual event last Christmas and encouraged donations to Andyson's favorite charity, http://www.springerrescue.org/ instead. I also seem to recall MC's frustration with the what had happened two or three years ago during the Christmas Extravaganza.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 7:40 PM

The only thing that has changed with the game is the ownership . The jacked up attitude of the company has always been the same . The only exception is that the mods are not as involved as in the past . WGT was treating us like crap before TopGolf was even heard of . But now TopGolf gets blamed for everything and none of it is new .

As another player pointed out there was no 12 days of Christmas last year . Since the company acted like such a butt wipe after the death of Andyson . They were also absent this summer when players honored Andyson with the second memorial tournament that we played . I dont expect any more involvement this year either if there`s a 12 day give away .

Since I have been here 61/2 years WGT has always been tight fisted . Charity and kindness has never been on the company`s list of things to do . Even with the latest clash didnt you find it a joke with the they were so thankful for us as customers statement ? I for one thought it was a total crock .Look at it in the news section its still there and its still a joke .

I stay and play because I like the game and the some of the players . The management I can do without . So I`ll play until they shut the game down and not even sweat the rest of it . I figure about a few more years before its all over , hopefully I`m wrong .  

• PAGES
RSS