Help › Forums

Unable to see the "play now" button.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:41 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • acpodogman
    10 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:17 AM

I am using Firefox as I have always done and when I log in to play I see everything on the page but where the play now button and list of friends should be is an advert which I can't get rid of.

Please help.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2017 12:55 PM
    Mine does that occasionally. Hitting the refresh button works for me. Use another browser or a direct link, that may help.
  • acpodogman
    10 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 1:34 AM

Thanks for that,

Unfortunately the refresh button makes no difference. I can play on other browsers but was just trying to get Firefox to work properly as it always has done in the past.

any other ideas would be appreciated.

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 7:04 AM
    AdBlock
    might be worth trying
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 5:03 PM
    To me it sounds more like a flash issue, perhaps after an update if you allow them. I am not a Firefox user but occasionally have had that issue using Maxthon and claring my Flash Cache helped.
  • ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 12:56 AM

You could be right Alan, I just deleted the 'friends/play now' flash object, and the advert that normally sits below it, moved up to take its place.  : )
    Perhaps FireFox, like Chrome, is starting to block flash. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 4:37 AM

I do not play WGT using Firefox. When I do open WGT in Firefox it comes up on the home page with this notice : "this site uses a plug in that may slow Firefox. "  Further  it says to "Activate Adobe Flash"  These messages are in the place where the "Play Now " toggle is located.  Sure sounds like a Flash problem.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 4:44 AM

I use Firefox as a default browser.  It's current at version 57 and running flash version 26.0.0.151.  Play now shows just fine.

I use it for forums and other browsing.  It still asks right after updating for you to allow flash, and remember that setting.  But it has been doing that for quite a few versions.

Look up in the address bar, if there is a red manage pop up icon,(on the left before the www.) you haven't allowed Firefox to run flash.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 4:54 AM

alanti:
    To me it sounds more like a flash issue, perhaps after an update if you allow them. I am not a Firefox user but occasionally have had that issue using Maxthon and claring my Flash Cache helped.

Here is the link:

Flash Storage

• acpodogman
    10 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 12:44 PM

Thank you all so much.

I have used a combination of all your helpful suggestions and I am back up and running again.

I think it was a flash player issue but activated add blocker for good measure too.

Thanks guys :-)

• PAGES
RSS