Forums

Help › Forums

WGT check your calculations

Thu, Mar 15 2018 4:20 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • n2nick0103
    7 Posts
    Thu, Nov 9 2017 9:07 PM

I have been playing for about 3 or 4 years now.  I enjoy it.  although I have a big question that has happened several times now.

I was on the 9th hole on St. Andrews,  I had a 13 to 15 mph wind at my back straight wind.  I ajusted for wind speed and height of the shot.  I lined up my shot and I hit the ding.  I lined it up just right of the hazards to the left.  So the ball should have hit just before the green.  as I said before... I hit the ding and it is my understanding that if I hit the ding the ball should come very close to the arrow point.  I did every thing there was to do as per the instructions as I understand them.  I lost my ball in the hazard on the right.  The ball didn't go out of bounds it just disappeared.  I then took another shoot with the same line up.  I hit the ball on the ding.... the ball landed in the sand trap 4 ft or more from the arrow I line up on.  

I hit the ding twice and with the back wind of 13 to 15 mph directly indication behind me it should not have landed in the hazard.  I believe someone should check the Algorythm of this latest upgrade.  This has happened several times to me and I don't believe first I should have lost my ball and second I should have ended up in the hazard and miss my par chance at the end of the game.  There is something wrong and I would like to know if your people will at least check into it.

Nick Nichols

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2017 7:24 PM

I am not too surprised that you can get this type of result occasionally (or as you put it several times) on a ding.  With a strong tailwind sending a drive 300+ yards you can get significant side to side variation helped by wind speed, distance travelled, club precision and a particular hole's sensitivity to side wind.

Note that the wind's directional arrow "twitches" from side to side, indicating directional variation. So your "wind at my back straight wind" is not necessarily the case. And your driver's precision is pretty good but will also have significant variation on long drives with strong winds (I've read somewhere that it could be 10-20 ft or more in any direction in this situation).

That said, given identical wind speed/direction e.g. in your case 13-15 mph tailwind, you can expect variation distributed evenly on EITHER side of your aiming point.  

A fair test of this would be to perform at least 10 or 20 dings using Mulligans in practice mode to maintain the exact same tailwind.  

Again, a twitching wind indicator showing the same wind speed range and direction is not necessarily the same wind condition when returning to the same hole to execute the same shot.

-Keith

EDIT: for the Mulligan test you might experience an unseen wind direction biased right or left relative to you aiming point.  So an even distribution would also be biased in that same direction e.g. for a wind pointing slightly left you might experience shots on this hole ranging from out of bounds to maybe landing near the flag, depending on the bias.

• n2nick0103
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 2:41 AM

Well I can see that and thank you for your reply.   Now I have another bigger concern.  I just logged into and signed in for the CC events.   I signed in and when the game started MY Clubs , Drivers and Woods and Irons were changed for a lesser brand.  It was terrible  I want my clubs I purchased and have been playing with for all these years.  I didn't pay for Rocketballs clubs.  I paid for and have been using Big Berta Callaways and Alpha 815 clubs and I want to play with them.  Not some inferier lessor clubs. 

I think something is wrong with your CC Events loading or you guys have charged me for clubs at a higher price and switched them.  Either way I want my clubs back the ones I paid for. 

To me this is a very serious matter and I am completely surprised by the problem or fraud.  I want my two credits of 37 credits returned to me and the program to give me my right clubs.  As I thought I didn't something wrong in loading the EVENT at 3/15/2018 at about 5:15 am. 

please email me your answer asap.

N2nick0103.... Nick Nichols

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 6:38 AM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 6:51 AM

+1 Don

• javan55
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 6:53 AM

I feel you Nick, same here, Cheap Rocketballz  ???

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:31 AM

Think of it this way- You were out of town and invited to play a round of golf a local course and you had to rent a set of clubs.

Do you beleive that they  would have your exact clubs to play with?

No, you pay and play with what they offer or don't play at all.

You don't play twice and then say " I don't like the results so therefore I want my money back!"

Grow up, everyone who plays in this clash has the same set of clubs, and they get to use their own putter and ball.

Your choice "Play with the Big Boys or stay on the porch" either way there's no refund.

Siders Best

• wleiss
    6,267 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:25 AM

n2nick0103:
       I signed in and when the game started MY Clubs , Drivers and Woods and Irons were changed for a lesser brand.  It was terrible

They have changed the format of the CC event. It is now what they call a "Set of the Week" tournament.  They have given you a set of clubs which will be the same ones used by everyone in the event. They have made other changes too. When you go to play any game other than the CC event (Clash), your clubs will revert back to what they were before you entered the Clash.

Will

• jimstinson67
    3,254 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:32 AM

Agreed, Siders. Many haven't realized the new changes to the clash, whereby everybody's playing with the same set of clubs. And, you don't get to use your own putter. : /

I am enjoying all the new stats! I do believe some may have an issue with these rounds affecting your own stats however! 

• ssaunderss
    469 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:05 PM

But not your ball you play with the ball you have equipped so for some of the upper level players sounds like a time to use up those free balls they give only thing they are good for anyway.

• PAGES
RSS