Forums

Help › Forums

Rental credits????

Fri, Aug 18 2023 11:49 AM (20 replies)
  • Mbarrettwcc
    81 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 11:13 AM
    I am considering a driver upgrade, but they are expensive. Why won't WGT apply the cost of the rental to the purchase price? I am looking at a driver that is 2,695 credits. A 24 hr rental is 390, which is rather steep. If I rent and then buy, the club costs me almost 3,100 credits. Therefore, I won't rent, because that could be a massive waste of money. I am also getting ripped off if I decide to buy it. The greed is beyond frustrating. Games crash, you are out of luck. Hit a ball in the water and they call it lost, no hazard, oh well. Worthless coin games have a vig! It might be time to find a new hobby.
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:01 PM

I think they apply 10% of the rental cost to the purchase price as a discount now.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:57 PM

And they offer free 2-hour rentals on some equipment when one levels up. Moreover, for those in the US, it's fairly easy to earn free credits through surveys and videos.

I haven't paid for credits in about 2 years. And during that time I've upgraded my clubs multiple times as well as purchased (on average) over a sleeve of balls a week. 

I really don't see that big of an issue with their rental and purchase business model. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 9:30 PM

As a member of a certain CC, perhaps she saves her credits for passes to use during the clashes.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 10:26 PM

Mbarrettwcc:
    I am looking at a driver that is 2,695 credits. A 24 hr rental is 390, which is rather steep. If I rent and then buy, the club costs me almost 3,100 credits.
    Nope - AFAIK, you'd get a reduction of 270 cr (10% of the purchase price) when buying within 24 hours of the rental.

<p>Nevertheless, you'd need show a purse of 2,695 cr to proceed with the purchase.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2017 3:36 AM

Mbarrettwcc:
    I am considering a driver upgrade, but they are expensive. Why won't WGT apply the cost of the rental to the purchase price? I am looking at a driver that is 2,695 credits. A 24 hr rental is 390, which is rather steep. If I rent and then buy, the club costs me almost 3,100 credits. Therefore, I won't rent, because that could be a massive waste of money. I am also getting ripped off if I decide to buy it. The greed is beyond frustrating. Games crash, you are out of luck. Hit a ball in the water and they call it lost, no hazard, oh well. Worthless coin games have a vig! It might be time to find a new hobby.

If they are still offering a 1 hour free rental when you level up rent the driver then. Even though the rental is free you still get the 10% reduction actually saving you credits. 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 2:50 PM

Fist2k8:

I got the same problem......10% off the paradym driver that costs 3500 credits but the rent is 520 so if i accept the offer it will cost me 170 extra credits..........do they think we are crazy enough to accept such a stupid offer...............what are rhey thinking?

been like that for years...thats why I never rented anything

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 3:34 PM

Fist2k8:

I got the same problem......10% off the paradym driver that costs 3500 credits but the rent is 520 so if i accept the offer it will cost me 170 extra credits..........do they think we are crazy enough to accept such a stupid offer...............what are rhey thinking?

That's the cost you pay for trying it out first. Are you saying it'd be better not to have rental so that you've got to spend 3,500 credits to buy it and give it a try?? What if you don't like it?!

If you still think it's too much of a squandermania, remember there are free rental events every now and then all year around.

RSS