Forums

Help › Forums

17th at Erin Hills

Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:43 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GaseousGord
    650 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 3:29 PM

It happened today on number 17 as well. During two different rounds. something is really screwed up on that hole.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 3:34 AM

I contacted WGT regarding a putt of mine that took off left on 17th .

They replied ...

"Hey Darren,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We attempt to provide the most realistic experience without sacrificing the enjoyable and casual nature of a mobile game.

Combining these two complex worlds can lead to inconsistencies. Some of these are blatant, while others only true fans of real golf will be able to perceive.

We believe we have found the true aesthetic of real golf, but we are constantly striving to improve our product.

Your ideas are shaping the development of the game and the community. You may even see a suggested improvement implemented in an update in the near future!"

I think they missed the point and words in there such as "mobile", "striving to improve", "suggested improvement" filll me with dread.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 5:24 AM
    Try and notice what server you are playing on before you play to the 17th green. So far I have noticed that the data is corrupted on server 8, but it might not be the only one. I'd personally restart if I was on that hole and that server, and try to get a different one.
  • largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 8:08 AM

fmagnets:
    Try and notice what server you are playing on before you play to the 17th green. So far I have noticed that the data is corrupted on server 8, but it might not be the only one. I'd personally restart if I was on that hole and that server, and try to get a different one.

How do you identify the server being used?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 9:27 AM

Save a replay if it happens again , I will . 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 7:39 AM
    Not sure about other browsers but, in Maxthon 3, a status bar along the bottom tells you the address from where stuff is downloading. If near the beginning of the address you see psj-gs08 then I think this means server 8, and I'd personally restart and try and get another for Erin 17th.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:42 AM

fmagnets:
    Not sure about other browsers but, in Maxthon 3, a status bar along the bottom tells you the address from where stuff is downloading. If near the beginning of the address you see psj-gs08 then I think this means server 8, and I'd personally restart and try and get another for Erin 17th.

You can also click on Alternate Shot game (or Blitz), find a game (any), and then cancel once you it puts you in a game. You'll be on the server of the host, providing it doesn't set you as host (if it does, try again). 99% of the time, it's a different server. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:15 PM
    this bug cost me a par today from 3ft, it took a big wiggle on me, i must have been on server 8, i really like that hole but that bug just ruins it, hopefully next time i get a good server :)
  • Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:43 AM

Have played that greens many times with no problems. Until today.... LOL

7 ft putt, straight line more or less. 0.5 ft from the hole the balls does a on the spot u-turn and rolls back 3 ft. It did not touch  the hole, so it wasn't a lipout.

Both me and my opponent had a laugh, but that's the first time I see a golfball defy the laws of nature. 

• PAGES
RSS