Forums

Help › Forums

17th at Erin Hills

Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:43 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 5:17 AM
    I've had 68,274 putts and never has this happened , On the 17th hole at Erin Hills I had 3 putts go completely haywire , It was crazy , The ball went every direction . All the other holes were fine it was just the 17th hole . Spooky ..
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 5:39 AM
    I've had 78,633 & counting .. Erin 17 is the the devil's child by default. No question.
  • Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 6:15 AM

I agree that green has issues. I have been burned by that green countless times. After Casey’s post I went and played the dang thing to remember exactly which hole it was. As usual I played the approach to land just to the left of the pin on the high side. For some reason I am the oddball that likes to putt with a little downslope, don’t know why but it works for me. Playing in the single hole practice mode with green speeds of 7.9, I ended up with an 11-footer and down of 4” or so it said. I know from experience and reminded by Casey’s post that the green isn’t normal so I double and triple check everything.

To me this works out to be: adjusted dist of 12.5 feet – 4 (elev change) should mean a putt of about 8’ plus a little to hold the line. Triple check the meter and hit 8.5 feet it hits the back of the cup bounces out and skips 12 feet past….WTH????

Take the mulligan, recheck the math yep I had it right so I chop it in half and hit 4.5’ guess what the ball creeps the last 3 feet and kerplunk drops right in.

I don’t know what speed variable they have on this green but it must be one hell of a miskey…LOL

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:23 AM

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 8:24 AM
    Had a 25-footer last week on EH #17 that took an abrupt left turn and finished 10 feet left of the hole. I thought maybe I was playing Bushwood and ran it off the side of a gopher hole... ;-)
  • ships0
    186 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2017 2:39 AM

I had major issues the whole back 9 playing the multi round today, 17 was dreadful. My putt went straight over the hole. Major issue here. Also my first 3 putts on 10/11/12 all went all the way around the hole. All looked suspicious to me. Major issue. Feel like I've been chested slightly here.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 10:55 PM
    http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=3ca61d33-0018-4cb5-867a-a82e005dd02d yup ul be wanting to fix this ASAP
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 11:39 PM

One of our club members recently posted a couple of insane putt replays from Erin #17.  The first one was fairly long, from just on the green and the ball set off on a zig-zag course before making a 90 degree shortly before the hole and rolling 10 feet to the side.  When it was rolling slowly enough that it should have stopped next to the hole if it hadn't gone in.

I've not had any crazy putts there yet, I must have been lucky but there certainly are some major physics issues there.

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 12:37 AM

MainzMan:

One of our club members recently posted a couple of insane putt replays from Erin #17.  The first one was fairly long, from just on the green and the ball set off on a zig-zag course before making a 90 degree shortly before the hole and rolling 10 feet to the side.  When it was rolling slowly enough that it should have stopped next to the hole if it hadn't gone in.

I've not had any crazy putts there yet, I must have been lucky but there certainly are some major physics issues there.

I had this for the 1st time the a few days ago. 4 putted from about 5ft! First 3 putts as you said went off on a 45 degree angle and zig zagged. Not just the direction, they also went about twice as long as they should of...then 4th putt was normal.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 7:26 AM

Seems to be fixed now, we also had insane putts from 5ft and under in a A/S game, but have since played and all is normal,cheers gents.

• PAGES
RSS