Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:02 PM

Group 1 Round 5 Match 1: birchi vs. LuizFabiano

Had a nice match with Jasper. Unfortunately his putter was ice-cold tonight and he caught a lot of unlucky breaks. Thanks for the match and the friendly conversation! Good luck the rest of the way.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:02 PM

Nicozandberg:

A week to go in Round 5. 59% (71/120) of all matches have been completed in the first week. Captains pls check that all your scores have been entered on the match sheets, and let us know of any problems.

Games still outstanding per group.

Group1 - 16 matches (6 - No Quitters Old Timers vs Boys Club, 4 - Trans Raiders vs Cosa Nostra Wiseguys, 4 - Wooden Tees vs Victoriae

Group 2 - 7 matches

Group 3 - 12 Matches (6 - Squirrrel Killers vs IndianRed, 4 - Macca's Creamy Puffs)

Group 4 - 14 Games ( 5 - Wooden Bees vs Scottish Bravehearts Partroits, 4 - Bridgestone Boners vs SEL Thunderchickens).

Update on Group 4 Nico,  me and Rob are playing tomorrow. Apologies for not making your live stream, I wanted to but real work life put paid to that

• HoylakeHunter
    904 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:13 PM

Wooden bees v Scottish bravehearts

Alex putted so many 10ft + putts ,great display!

very unlucky roll back on #18 from death valley mate

[at least u got a suntan today ;P ]

good luck for the rest Alex \ Bravehearts

match AS

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:18 PM

Group 3 Round 5

I played my match with Billyonpar18.  I won 45-24 and had to give two strokes so score was 43-24. Billy was a good dude, retired firefighter. Very complimentary of ECGA. He struggled with satellite internet but battled through like a true sport.

TDHarvey over Billparon18 43(45)-24.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:38 PM

group 4- round 5 - match 3

LeHew Winner over Tigerluvsbush Final Score 47 to 45

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:42 PM

MainzMan:

Group 4, Round 5, Match 1.

TdotDoba beat MainzMan 44:43 if my maths is correct.  A win for Paul at any rate.

Very nice play, I thought I had you when we made the turn with me 3 shots ahead, just goes to show, anything can happen in this game.

Hope to play many more games with you, it was a real pleasure.

Damian,

Sorry lost my internet as we finished so just wanted to say, that was a really fun match with lots of back and forth, the kind of game I live for on here.... very unlucky on hitting that bunker coming home .... it really was a game of 2 halfs mate. That 30 footer bird putt on 15 you made was amazing to watch, never a doubt. Then I got lucky on the 16th to tie it up. Like I said a very fun game.

After seeing you around for years it was really great to finally get a chance to have a bash. Really glad this world cup is around to get to meet new friends.

Look forward to another game soon.

Paul (TdotDoba)

• LuisCraveiro
    749 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 2:19 PM

GROUP 1: ROUND 5: MATCH 1

Won my match vs Fulvio!

To be honest, wasn't a good match, we both commited some basic errors and Fulvio putter wasn't working and that was the main reason that led to my win on the match! 

Good luck Fulvio, for the remaining matches!

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 3:29 PM

Group 4 - Round 5 - Match 3

Geez I hope my math is correct.  I played Killemallharvey.  A really nice guy with humor to boot.  Without either of us knowing it, it came down to the last hole with Harvey par'g it and I got a Birdski.

Stableford Score - Killer52 - 49 / Killemallharvey - 48

Quite a pleasure playing with the guy.  Thanks H.

- T

:)

• BirdieLady9
    2,454 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 4:02 PM

Rd5 - Match3 - Tie # 3 - Venus vs OutkastsB - KILLER52 wins 49 to 48

I played KillemallHarvey this afternoon and it went down to the wire.  A great guy from Melbourne, Australia.  

Let me know where I err in this for future reference...

Straight-up score - KillemallHarvey - 58

Straight-up score - Killer52 - 57

Stableford Score - KillemallHarvey - 48

Stableford Score - Killer52 - 49

I started out with 5 straight pars.  Ouch.  Came down to the 18th which Harvey par'd and I Birdied.  A really fun game with great company.

Patti

• FarFoo
    2,913 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 11:45 PM

Group 4 Round 5 Match 4 ...Tiptoptoppin (51) Rzimmerman22 (41)

RSS