Forums

Help › Forums

Fairway Fanatic's wants you!

Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:06 AM (262 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2018 1:13 AM

Our Christmas Open is underway, Due to the kind hearted members we have i have spoke to the previous major winners and we have all agreed to sit this one out to give the other members a chance of winning a major.

Nothing else changes, still plenty of credits up for grabs, tons of prizes and team event. 

Theres still time to join up for our next league season, our spring season starts January so come join and be part of it.

• TigerLuvsBush
    491 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:30 AM

Room for an old has-been who never was?

Membership request sent :-)

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:16 PM

Welcome Mate, 

Always room for people no matter how old or been lol

• CharlieH100
    288 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:14 AM

Funny things, Country Clubs. They seek to provide a "home" for such a wide variety of people with an equally wide variety of needs and expectations. And against all the odds, some of them work. We join them, speculatively, and I guess it always feels like a bit of a risk, plunging in with people you've never met who often have rules and conventions that are not immediately obvious. Until you break them, of course. 

I joined one after noodling away on my own for a while. Liked it at first. Opened up new ways of getting involved with the game, made some new friends, broke some rules (unwittingly), got reprimanded, carried on.  And then realised that it didn't fit my values (or mine didn't fit theirs) so I left. I looked for something that was just starting up, something I could contribute to. And I found Emily and Williams and a small brand of 25 or so refugees trying to build something interesting, diverting, inclusive and fun. Most of us are still here eighteen months on.  

If you've read this far, you might find you really like it here. We have Leagues, Tours, One offs, handicap tournaments, an Academy to support development, Fantasy Football, social media channels and chat rooms and so on and more. And you would expect all that in a thriving club. So far, so standard. What I think marks this place out as special is the sense of community. People do actually care about what happens and the experience people have. They want it to be fun, and competitive, and cheeky, and difficult (at times), and diverting, and informative and supportive. They want to take the p*** and they want to stand with people when they're having a crap time. We assess the health of the club by the level of participation. We regularly get 60+ in club tournaments, and our ProBoards Forum and Telegram areas are usually buzzing with members from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, France, Spain, Philippines. And for some reason a bunch of people from Kent, UK. 

We are always looking for good new people. Think carefully if you're particularly wedded to a system or technology that you think we absolutely must adopt. Thank you but we're doing fine. We like new members but we do get a little tired of WGT tourists and club collectors who move in and out so quickly and leave no useful trace. We like givers not takers. We give - time, support, balls, clubs and so on - and we hope to see that replicate throughout our club. We don't have a lot of rules. Play if you say you're going to, treat people with respect, generate a bit of XP for the club, and see how you can help others. That's about it for rules. 

I like this club very much and I'm proud of what we're building. If you'd like to be part of this, get in touch. 

Charlie (Director)

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:27 AM

again we broke 60 entries into our Christmas Major, Not bad considering there a few of us sitting out due to being a previous winner of a major. 

Hole in one bonus won so a sleeve sent out for that. Team event is up and running, Should be set for a great major again. 

You wont find many clubs where you are getting 60+ players entering a tournament. So if you want to be in a club with plenty of participation then look no further!! 

Handicap events as well to make it fair and give everyone a chance of winning. 5 league divisions, 3 month long tours. Plenty of random events, our one going on at the moment is our 12 days of Christmas, each day a little somthing is set up, some for certain tier groups or people who have made a set amount of xp for the club or just other fun bits for everyone to play. We are giving away over 3000 credits just for this, when you add that to the major and all the other monthly events this December we have around 10,000 credits worth of prizes given away.

Dont miss out on your present!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:55 AM

24 tournaments going on and they all mean somthing, We dont just put up a 9 hole chambers bay unlimited off the red tee's like alot of clubs. Our Tournaments have a reason, They all either are counting towards somthing like the league or Tour or have prizes from credits to items from the pro shop. 

We have a great balance, we mix it up with Normal courses to CTTH, Set of the week and un even as well. Plus the odd shot clock to keep everyone on there toes.

Team events as well plus our main Monthly major. If you want proper golf with a great mix in a club that has a great social side then we are that club. We will start getting our world cup team ready for 2019, Last year we entered for the first time and did amazingly well, qualified for the main cup last 16. This year we aim to have at least two teams entering and maybe even three which shows just how far we have come. 

A club just one and a half years old!

Come join the fun and become a Fanatic!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 1:09 AM

top 20 each week in the xp leaderboard, top 50 in clashes, we dont ask people to buy passes, it just shows we have active members. 

60/70 people enter our majors each month, 50 people in the leagues and tours. 40 in last fanatic standing and 32 in the pairs cup, what more do you want???

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:59 AM

Hi looks very interesting do you accept mobile users.

Thanks Steve

• RMilliner
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 12:07 PM

I am a level 88 Master, 71.13 avg. Looking for a new club, I left Roy Burton because they were not moving forward. seeking club to play , have fun & meet new people.

Thanks, 

RMilliner

• EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 1:13 PM

Have sent you a invite, you will enjoy it here Steve.

Emily x

RSS