Forums

Help › Forums

Dingit..dangit

Sun, Oct 29 2017 9:59 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dyjech
    129 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 1:33 PM
    Low wind Bethpage. Distance result exceptional.However Direction is erratic.Assuming good dings , can this be cured with irons with a higher forgiveness value OR a higher precision value.Using xgvgchart. Taylormade Rocket Bladez.
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 3:54 PM
    The part of your equipment of L80+ doesn't leave any open question, but those below L20 do!

Get those basic wedges out of your way - L70+ is key!

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 4:36 PM
    Wedges are close enough. The question is not resolved. I do at times question whether the listed mph/direction is correct.BTW.PW-3 iron are the problems.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 5:09 PM
    dyjech:
    I do at times question whether the listed mph/direction is correct.
    It's not just you. The 1-3, 2-4 play similar to the 0 mph wind...very random and sometimes way off. In the current BP B9 RG, I've had 1-3 winds go in the opposite direction of the arrow, and 2-4 play like 10. Like I said, I think it replaces that silly 0 mph wind they had, and the circle of precision probably doubles, and the club's precision is cut in half. You just got to make those long(er) putts......after you finish scratching your head wondering what just happened on that last shot.
  • dyjech
    129 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 5:15 PM
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 5:43 PM
    Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way, but I have to ask you, are you looking for answers? or a fight? Here's a couple of damn good players trying to help you, and you are scoffing them off. You have been on here long enough, and have played that course so much! You should have every blade of grass, every tree, leaf, and idiocy memorized by now. The better you get, the harder each course becomes, it is part of the game. Imho, if part of your game isn't going well, learn to make it up in another area, like making longer putts, my nickle
  • dyjech
    129 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2017 5:44 AM
    "Wedges are close enough. The question is not resolved. I do at times question whether the listed mph/direction is correct.BTW.PW-3 iron are the problems."Can you read? One responder answered."The problem is 'WEDGES" not Clubs over 80"If you don't have a clue as to the ORIGINAL QUESTION....Bug off.Nothing quite like a "know it all" who can't comprehend who wants to lecture others on their behavior.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2017 6:01 AM
    dyjech:
    can this be cured with irons with a higher forgiveness value OR a higher precision value

Neither, you're playing against deviation. Low winds aren't going to appreciably move a shot enough distance to offset normal club deviation. You can learn all about that here.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 11:37 PM

Hi! dyjech

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I thought at first. Then I started reading...  oh well. My mistake.
    I should have guessed though, a *ding* from me would never have been posted in "Current events". 

Cheers!

Rich

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 12:33 AM
    whooshdangit:
    I should have guessed though, a *ding* from me would never have been posted in "Current events". 
    Damned right....it is not called the "annals of history".......I heard you hit one ding in 2015.......never to be repeated . again
  • PAGES
RSS