Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 11:36 AM

One Golden Calf every other week makes it 26 per year - long time to satisfy a complete CC...

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 12:03 PM

Thank you.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:14 PM

Don't know why you have to accuse anyone of being a hater, you just verified what I was repeating.  Matters not if participation was down, 15,30, or 40%, fact is it was down enough that it got someone's attention.  Last clash, my club played only 6 times, and so far this clash we have played clubs that have only played 2 or 3 times thus far.  Doesn't that show someone that participation is down?  This may not be affecting the no. 1 club, but think about it, they are only a few in comparison to all that's out there  All that being said, I'm not a hater, but a realist, that's all.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:22 PM

A quick note, I just looked and the club we are up against right now, has only played once before us.  There is only a little over 10 and a half hours left in this clash.  Can you explain it?  

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:50 PM

pdb1:

This CLASH format is not like anything else you can play anywhere . It is obviously not a skills event .

But amongst many other things . it is the only event that you can play your ass off for 48 hours . and get GR8 satisfaction from in many ways . Without winning a god damn thing .

Which is no dispute of the biggest major flaws of this event . And the lack of parity , etc , etc .

But hell yes we all think it needs some changes . Big ones . But it has its hooks in us .

Ding, dong - absolutely Sir! No rhyme nor reason - just a damn good blast for 48 hours. Could be setup better in terms of matching clubs or better prizes...but what the heck, just a good blow out for some from our club.

pdb1:
    Sorry to tell you haters . But there is only a small handful,of you left . We hear you loud and clear . You have some valid points about some things that are flawed in the format .

They get quieter and quieter, and so they should. Each to their own. 

No biggie folks - just a bit of respect for other people's reasons for playing the Clashes.

Gary.

(2 hrs / 38 mins to next free pass........)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 12:30 AM

In my club, players want to play the clashes. I have no problem with that and will help them, even though I hate the Clashes.

My problem with them right now, is that as a Level 9 club with 149 players gets matched up against the Very Good Amigos 4 times. Great club, but we have no chance against a L-19 Club with 246 members. Congrat's to them.

We played (At that time) the #20, #3, #27,#36,#40 and #46 clubs. I can see the 36th -40th clubs and I didn't see another very club on the leaderboard. 

We finished 47th even though we won only 3. I would just like them to match up better. We had 1 club that was not in the top 100

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 1:55 AM

pdb1:
    We finished 8 - 3 at 32nd place .

That is not the criteria for positioning - it's but points.

The fact that there are no detailled results - starting with the win/loss record - are available once the Events are finished is yet another proof that it's not about "CC vs. CC".

Also, the CC level or member no. is irrelevant to the results - it only depends on the no. of rounds played, thus indirectly on the no. of players in action.

Thus, it's irrelevant which CC you play against. It's only relevant that you play, over and over again, to amass points and benefits to the organisers.

RSS