Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • mohaviegreen
    404 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 1:27 AM
    I'd like to think that participation in Clashes are down. Seems dumb for anyone to spend 37 cents to play more than one Clash which is what I pay to continue after first free Clash. I feel dumb about that. CC members aren't getting anything back. This last Clash, out of 76 members we had maybe 6 members play and I was the 6th. I really see no point for these Clashes. Would rather WGT spend our money on something that will benefit players of all talents, instead of finding ways to make more money's off of us. Virtual balls should be a bit more less expensive, or given more life also. This game is world wide, so yeah, they're making big bucks, which is fine. That's what they're supposed to do, but damn, give us something WGT. Not the Clash. I won't be playing Clashes anymore due to not enough of our CC member's want to support it anymore, from what I see in the sign ups. Just isn't worth it..............mo.
  • jase025
    3,065 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 5:33 AM
    We don’t participate in clashes no more not since March we do have some that play for something to do here an there , we won’t participate as a club until the prize issue is brought to attention the amount of money need to complete for ridiculous prizes just ain’t worth it Jase025
  • akk447
    377 Posts
    Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:58 PM

Country Club Crash!

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 5:23 PM

For what it's worth, we are considering not participating as much in Club v Club unless WGT decide to offer better prizes for clubs that finish in, say, the top 10. I don't understand how a club that finishes in 4th gets the same rewards as a club that finishes in 50th??? Surely the top 10 deserve something better. The Georgian will always win due to the copious amounts of money that they spend and obviously the commitment their players have, which is fine if that's what it takes, but reward other clubs for their efforts too. WGT really should change their prize structure on this. 

Less of our members are also playing the coin games too since the 1 hole shootouts, which has ruined the aspect of the game. I've never known what's to be gained from these games except useless coins that you can't do anything with...except upgrade your daft looking clothing now. 

We will be concentrating more on prizes for our club tournaments for the foreseeable future. 

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2018 3:16 PM

MKALER:
    I don't understand how a club that finishes in 4th gets the same rewards as a club that finishes in 50th??? Surely the top 10 deserve something better. The Georgian will always win due to the copious amounts of money that they spend and obviously the commitment their players have, which is fine if that's what it takes, but reward other clubs for their efforts too. WGT really should change their prize structure on this. 

Well said my friend.  I do agree with your sentiments, but as a Georgian I can say that other than buying balls that have far too short of a life span as has already been stated in other threads I personally have a very small budget for clashes.  The Georgian wins due to whole hearted participation by the majority of the club.  Only a few spend "copious amounts of money" as you mentioned and that is because they have the money to do so.

That said I totally agree that WGT should and has to change the prize structure to reward other clubs for participation in Clashes.  I mean really what cost would it be to give out a hundred sleeves of balls every clash?  We can be sure that thousands of sleeves of balls are used up every two weeks.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 10:32 AM

Robbo81303:
    Luckystar5:
    Someone actually stated that participation is down in excess of 40%
    "Someone" is clearly full of it! All one has to do to see this is look at the point totals. While the scores of the "top" clubs has been fairly stagnant, that certainly isn't the case farther down the list. A score that would've cracked the top 50 twenty clashes ago wouldn't even yield a top 100 result in the latest one. I'm not endorsing the clash in any way, just sayin'.......

Seems like that 40% number may not be too far off.  Put these comments togeather, with the others in these threads, and it may not total 40 %, but it's sure alot less people and clubs playing. Which is a down trend in revenue for wgt.  

• craaaaaaaaze8
    458 Posts
    Wed, Jan 3 2018 12:03 PM

Most top clubs have expressed that they will pull from clashes and over the past year or so a lot of the top clubs have done just that. Bunker Busters and 19th Hole pulled last week. I tried to get our club to pull out but of course there are some of those who love to play the clash. 

I myself would like to see the clash done away with all together and something else implemented to challenge each club and players. The clash is and always will be nothing but revenue for WGT as it benefits no one and not one club.  I don't care if they offer a silver putter for 2nd place, 10 sleeves for 3rd and whatever else could possibly entice clubs and players to play. I know some would like to see more of a head to head challenge between each club, where one of one matches or alt matches would dictate a Champion club. 

There are some really great players in many different clubs. Not to knock any club because the work and money put into winning the clash is substantial and no one can deny that. 

There is no real competition in clash and its old out of date structure is boring as hell. I would much rather play a person or persons in a head to head game to determine which club is better that month. This will always change from month to month giving each club  a chance to have bragging rights and prizes. 

I would encourage every club to quit clashing, I know I will not play another clash. I don't care if our club needs one point to win it, I wouldn't waste one hit on a ball. 

Bobby

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 6:56 AM

There are no obvious reasons why individuals and country clubs decide to play or not play in the Clashes that WGT puts on.  What is very clear is the effort that one club goes to in order to win each clash.

That the winner outscores the #2 club by more than 2.15 to 1  would be like the Super Bowl champion winning  60 to 28 and doing it every time the game is played. When the results of the game are an almost forgone conclusion it is hard to field a competitive team. When there is little or no reward other than say "We came in second," will a team give its best effort?  (Auburn vs FCU?)

Why WGT started the Clashes is a much debated topic. I would like to think that it was it meant to engage the various country clubs in a team building event. ( "Come on mates,let's recruit some members and go out and win!") But alas, the Clash format has shown its weakness in this team building aspect. 

Unfortunately the WGT is unwilling to admit that it has created a one-headed monster that needs some tweaking. Talking about a boycott is of little value. Giving suggestions to the WGT seems fruitless in that they don't have their hearing aids turned on. 

The World Cup, staged by PAULFINN52, or other community driven events are far better at this team building. If WGT were willing to put some real effort into leadership, they could stage a very fun and challenging event for country clubs, just as Paul has done.

WGT, keep the Clashes if you want , but please work on something that gets the country club juices flowing!

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 11:27 AM

craaaaaaaaze8:
    Most top clubs have expressed that they will pull from clashes and over the past year or so a lot of the top clubs have done just that.

None of the top clubs, at least "top" in competitive and player quality sense, have ever played them in any half serious way.

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 10:52 AM

Maybe by the time every player in the top club ( they know its every week) gets a 400k putter they will change the parameters.  It would appear there is a bit of (you fill in the blank)

going on...

RSS