Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 6:57 PM

VEM is wgt patent of a different aspect of how the game is rendered and how it plays NOT the built in marketing strategies to get you to play more you have missed the point!  You are confusing two different things i am familiar with VEM and the information discussed in those videos is different!   

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 9:10 PM

What you are referring to is not new regarding VEM.  I have never mentioned it because it pertains to a differents aspect of the game ...at least those parts i was advised of and read about.  

The newer information to my knowledge was only disclosed by a technolugy expert insider in the past year.  I believe it was april 2017 the interview was taken, the fact ypu are still asking about these videos which i have referenced suggests to me you havent even bothered to view them.  I have referenced them several times, which makes me wonder whether you really took the time to read my posts or watch the video which you are asking about again. So you were shown the infomation but chose not to go to the source and view them that is on you not me.

Much of it would make sense but it wasnt even disclosed to the public prior to that interview to my knowledge... yes some could put pieces together and feel this type of manipulations was going on but there really wasnt a disclosure of it and wgt would never admit such things outright. 

Even when you read the patent on VEM which touches on player and equipment functionality, it is quite vague and doesnt give details..  so i am certain they would not acknowledge the anything else described in the videos.  

All you have to do is go to youtube and search for brain hacking.  If you were aware of this infomation then you would have already acknowledged it but you appear to have ignored it.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:59 AM

pdb1:

Although they are 3 to 4 years old the weekly XP race and The Clash  are probably as good examples as you can get and I think probably the point you were  trying to make.

The genius that came up with those two events is somewhat of a brain hacker  you could say.

those events certainly have gotten into the heads thousands of players who have certainly played right into their marketing Scheme.

+1000!

It started with the CC levels and has the Golden Calf as it's pinnacle. Much Ado About Nothing - brilliant marketing!

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 2:58 AM

How did the surgery go paul .

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 9:36 AM

pdb1:

After giving it a little more thought. I believe that you have may have a point.

Although they are 3 to 4 years old the weekly XP race and The Clash  are probably as good examples as you can get and I think probably the point you were  trying to make.

The genius that came up with those two events is somewhat of a brain hacker  you could say.

those events certainly have gotten into the heads thousands of players who have certainly played right into their marketing Scheme.

I've been one of them for very long period Of time.

While I would love the credit, this is not my idea, if it were I would probably be making millions off of it in some way.  I merely came across this video and felt it offered a much deeper look and insight into what is going on with technology, apps, cell phones (mobile platform), and even desktop games.

I simply felt it was information people would probably like to know and be aware of because it can give them a deeper understanding of how a game they may also enjoy...gets into their head and can even take on an addictive like aspect.  By doing so, it can be very profitable.  

We can all recognize to some extents how it is manifested into the game we play and enjoy, but we may not have fully grasp that those working on creating the games are also working at tapping into your "instinctual" drives, emotional values, and possibly addictive nature if it applies.  It is not something they want us to be fully aware of because knowledge and information can be helpful in "managing" or restricting our behaviors into moderation and playing moderately isn't as profitable as playing obsessively!

So yes, clashes, turf wars, and CDP are all probably the obvious examples...but Tristan Harris does pose some ethical concerns as well.  But, the technology industry doesn't necessarily want us to be thinking on that level because doing so may lead us into playing in a more responsible and thoughtful manner rather than what looks more like obsessive compulsive behavior by some.  

That obsessive behavior by a few can then "drive" others emotional or "competitive" side to try and "compete" and it grows into a vicious cycle because they draw upon a very real and tangible aspect of our instinctual drive.  

As our discussion has progressed...is it a coincidence it no longer pops up on the top of the first page (on mine at least) as a popular discussion or it that just me thinking too much.  I always saw it right away, now I have to locate it from my own discussion threads list.  Seems peculiar, but it could just be coincidence.

Edit...Just saw your updated post.  saddened to hear the news and saga of your medical situation Paul.  I hope things work out and you get to feeling better!

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:32 PM
RSS