Forums

Help › Forums

Random act of kindness (A true story)

Fri, Mar 16 2018 8:52 PM (21 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 8:56 AM
    Hi everyone , I have something I would like to share , A true story ..

My computer went T-I-T-S up last week , Sorry , What I meant was my computer crashed . I posted a thread in the forum and said I was working on it , The next day I got a phone call from Noshots (Wayne) He ask me how the computer problem was going ? I told him it was a mess but I'm still trying to fix it , He said he had a laptop that he wasn't using anymore and if I would like to use it that he would mail it to me , That sound good to me I said , I gave him my address and that was that .

The next morning I get a phone call , Its Wayne , "Hey Casey" , Its Wayne , How ya doing he says , Sorry to call so early , I've got some good news , Are you sitting down ? I said yes . He tells me that he has coffee with some friends every morning , Kind of like a coffee club , He says during the conversation I mentioned you and that I was going to mail you my laptop , Then something happened . something you would not expect , Something unusual , Something wonderful ....One of his friends at the table pulls out his check book and writes a check for $600.00 and tells Wayne Just go buy him a new computer ..

I'm sitting there with a dumb look on my face wondering what did he just say ?, Did I hear him correctly ? Is this a joke ? What are you talking about Wayne ? After a few seconds I said "What" "No" Are you kidding me ? Am I awake ? Once I had processed what he just said I told him (no Wayne you don't need to do that) , Its too late he says , I'm on my way to best buy right now , Ill be there in 20 minutes.

I'm scratching my head in disbelief , These things don't happen , A stranger I have never met or spoken to, buys me a new computer , What the hell is going on ? Its the twilight zone . To be honest , I cant afford to buy myself a new computer so I was happy to borrow Wayne's laptop .

I need to give a Big shout out to Wayne , Without him this would not have happened , Thanks Wayne .. You offered to send me your laptop , You drove 30 minutes to Best buy , You hade to ship the computer at your cost , You also had to pay for taxes etc. Taking time out of your day to do this for me is very touching , I am sorry for my writing skills , I know I suck at it , But I just had to share this good news to all my friends at WGT .. I'm a very lucky guy ...

Forever Grateful

Its a HP 23.8 inch Touch screen - All in one - Intel core i3 - 8 GB memory - 1 TB hard drive ..
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:35 AM
    It's called karma Casey...and it's well deserved.

From one Wayne to another...well played sir.
  • ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:38 AM
    Wow.......fabulous gesture. : )

Must remember to relocate my desktop to the wobbly table at the top of the stairs, hehe. ; )
  • julio1235
    238 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:42 AM
    That really is an Outstanding act of kindness! And on the lighter side, hey Wayne if you need something to talk about tomorrow morning at the coffee table my Maserati Ghibli would not start this morning.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:01 AM
    A fine thing ! my nickle.
  • thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:41 AM
    dont kind gestures like that just put a big smile on your face,well deserved cheers mark.
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:44 AM
    Acts of such unselfishness give me hope for the future. Far too often we only hear about all of the negative things in this world of ours. Enjoy your new laptop mate.
  • Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:48 AM
    What a great story :))) Wayne:Your kindness seeked another individual to make this even better, great sir :))).........//Bjorn
  • HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 11:09 AM
    That's just put a big smile on my face.
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 11:49 AM
    Great story and gesture....well beyond Henry's tale about his buying a pork roast for a Muslim, or hearing aids for a blind guy, or whatever the hell it was....(joke)
RSS