Forums

Help › Forums

free equipment rental when leveling up?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 16 2019 3:19 PM (7 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:23 PM
    Can anyone tell me when the 2 hr free rental begins when leveling up? Is it when we accumulate minimum points for that level, or is it when we "click on" the free item we choose?The reason I ask is that I often level up late evening after playing all day & am not at my sharpest. I like to take advantage of the free equipment rental in the morning when I'm at my freshest. Also, sometimes I inadvertently level up late at night not meaning to & then have to play very late into the night to utilize the 2 hour free rental. Lastly, can we level up late at night, go offline & then come back in the morning to choose an item & then start the free rental?
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:47 PM
    I have never used it slim, Keep tabs on where you are. By hovering over the level gauge it will tell you how far you are away. just do rough math, until you get close. and time it out.
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 6:26 PM
    I’m pretty sure it’s when you click on the “rent club” tab is when the time starts. I know what you mean though. I’d like to see maybe a 24-hour rental instead of the 2-hour rental. I’d think they would sale more clubs that way.
  • happymt
    869 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:04 AM

just Select the equipment and start a game. You don’t have to  play then just save your game and start the game when you are ready. You should have it for the game you play so select an 18 hole course

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 7:20 AM
    +1!

Also make sure it's a ranked round - practice isn't available for saving a game.
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 7:21 PM
    happymt:

just Select the equipment and start a game. You don’t have to  play then just save your game and start the game when you are ready. You should have it for the game you play so select an 18 hole course

Good point. I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the tip.
  • Made2105
    7 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 1:37 PM

Coming to this conversation a little late but I totally agree! 2 hour rentals are ridiculous. They should last at least 24 hs. If not, what's the point!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 3:19 PM

Made2105:

Coming to this conversation a little late but I totally agree! 2 hour rentals are ridiculous. They should last at least 24 hs. If not, what's the point!

Well the idea of a free rental is to give you a chance to try a club without having to buy it.  I don't think there is an ideal period - try it, and if you don't hate it you can buy it at a 10% discount.  

I research ahead of time to see what clubs I am interested in before leveling up so I know whether I want them before I level up.  I rent/buy the ones I want - skip the ones I don't want.

RSS