Forums

Help › Forums

Improper credit when opponent disconnects

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 23 2023 3:20 PM (24 replies)
  • BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:48 AM
    When you're playing head to head and your opponent simply disconnects without specifically forfeiting the game does not reward you in the same manner it does when any other forfeit occurs. After waiting thru the "Paused for Reconnect" message it will eventually declare me the winner and give me the coins, but it neglects to give me the XP's (perhaps it credits them with no announcement?) which for a game isn't a big deal but for your daily bonus it can be significant. Now with the apparel bonuses if the player disconnects instead of forfeiting not only do we not get the box for playing but we've also lost the time in our 30 minute window that involved the match and waiting for them. This has happened to me 3 separate times since the apparel stuff has been added. It's like getting kicked twice - no reward and lost time to get another match in. You guys need to figure out how to properly credit people who win by forfeit due to disconnect.
  • Charles1553N
    1,320 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2017 7:54 PM
    I agree this needs to be addressed. This has just happened to me as well. The only way for me to continue playing is to 'cancel' the waiting to reconnect screen, which in turn I forfeit the match which declares him the winner even though he lost it. SO NOT FAIR. If this is a glitch in your system, all I have to do is play larger coin games and disconnect before it's over and I'll be declared the winner. Really guys. This needs to be addressed.
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2017 8:08 AM
    It's been a problem for a long time with no end in sight. Do you really hope WGT will do something, or are all of you just venting?
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2017 9:54 AM
    It can only be venting, as the company won't pick up the information here, and any hope (that something might change) is futile - they are WGT!
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2017 6:15 PM
    alosso:
    It can only be venting, as the company won't pick up the information here, and any hope (that something might change) is futile - they are WGT!
    +1
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2017 6:52 PM

You do not lose your daily bonus. As soon as you take one shot you get your daily bonus, It just isn’t shown on the screen like it is in a finished round.

• CGWhitmee
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2017 7:10 PM
    The player who disconnects doesn't bother me. I win, I get my coins and I get my apparel box. What does bother me is the player who has the capacity to instigate the "paused for reconnect" that doesn't trigger the countdown timer. This has to be a cheat. It as been happening for over 3 years and if it were a glitch, WGT would have addressed it. However, if it's a cheat, WGT won't acknowledge it. I've just lost 50,000 coins in the Shanghai room when leading by 2shots after 3 holes. I've reported it to customer service, but I'm wondering wether there should be a "name and shame"
  • BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 5:35 AM
    I'm simply tacking on the fact that we now also lose the apparel box that we should get if the "sponsorship" 30 minute window is active. Do I expect them to do something about it? If they're going to try and incentivize us to play more often then, yeah, I sort of do, but I know enough not to hold my breath. I couldn't care less about the lost coins as long as daily XP's are credited properly.
  • Blue588
    273 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 5:07 PM

• BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 11:01 AM
    To point 5, if the player forfeits I actually do get my apparel reward - it's happened at least a half dozen times. It's only when the player closes the game without forfeiting making it appear as a disconnect that I do not get awarded. That's generally with players under level 50 and I can feel it coming after the third missed putt in a row. I've actually considered telling them, "Play well, and if you don't please use the forfeit button if you MUST leave early".
RSS