Forums

Help › Forums

bxd balls

Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:11 PM (3 replies)
  • club578
    561 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 9:24 AM

does anyone out there playing with bxd balls figured out how much to deduct for roll on approach shots?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 10:18 AM

Methinks that clubs and spin setting is at least as important as the balls. Furthermore, these aren't really high performance equipment.

• gimmeballs
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:11 PM

Trick Question.  I play them as basic with a tad more distance and they come in colors. Clubs matter more with basis balls. Too many factors to list for what the roll will be on any given course and condition. They are not as repetitively accurate as a top NIKE , but who is when playing for fun. In a clash I find them great where quantity not quality matters. I play them in coin matches when I'm in lower rooms to keep the fun in the game. 

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:19 PM

alosso:
    Methinks that clubs and spin setting is at least as important as the balls.

This, as well as wind and the particular approach in question.  Sometimes one can stick a 250 yard shot, other times a 70 yd wedge shot can roll forever (especially with the OP's wedges).  But this is true with any ball.

alosso:
    Furthermore, these aren't really high performance equipment.

Define "high performance".  I regularly shoot sub-30 9-hole rounds & sub-60 18-hole rounds with these balls on default Champion tees & greens.  Granted, that's more of a reflection on how disgustingly good the clubs in this game have become but it is what it is.

RSS