Forums

Help › Forums

Hurry up dude!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:06 PM (27 replies)
  • CubNicklaus
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2017 6:03 AM

What is it with the hurry up complaint? I've run into a few of these players that have said almost the same thing - that there is some unwritten 20 second shot clock and if I go over it I'm in violation of the unspoken code. 

I took screenshots, which I can't seem to past here but the exact conversation went like this:

Him: Bruh you have to speed up please. 35-40 seconds per shot is a little much.

Me: Sorry, but that's not how I play

Him: You don't have to, no reason come on man.

A few holes later....

Him: You're being very rude and inconsiderate to other people

Me: It's not about being considerate it's about playing a game

Him: Yep typical

2 holes to go.....

Him: Beyond rude man, wow

Me: How am I being rude?

Him: 35 seconds for shots on the average is very rude kiddo

Me: I didn't realize this was a race

Him: You're so immature wow. Clearly not a golfer and just a gamer. It's fine, best of luck with free pointless coins.

Me: Relax dude, it's a game

Him: Sorry you had to lose after spending 45 mins wasting time

Me: GG, well played

Keep in mind, I never got a warning for going over clock, I never cursed or responded harshly. I played my game, set up each shot and went through my routine usually with about 15 seconds left.  This is about the 4th player I've encountered that has demanded I speed up.  No one else has ever said anything about the secret code of sprinting to the next shot. He beat me, he was pretty good on his approach shots and I missed a few short putts. 

Anyone else encounter this baloney?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2017 7:42 AM

You did the right thing , Just ignore those idiots .

You are allowed a certain amount of time to make your shot , Take all the time you need within those limits , You can turn off the chat box if you wish , The best thing to do is play with your friends or club mates ,  Then you wont have to worry about the drama ..

Playing with strangers is always a gamble , Or like a box of chocolates , You never know what your going to get ..

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 10:58 AM

Sorry, but couldn't resist.  That commercial came to mind as soon as I read the op's post.  

CEverett12:

Just ignore those idiots .

You are allowed a certain amount of time to make your shot , Take all the time you need within those limits

+1

• CubNicklaus
    9 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 11:07 AM

HA!!!!

• JohntheBruin
    29 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 11:11 AM

There are agree-to conditions when two or more players join a game.  That's pretty much the end of the story.

I simply don't join any game where there's a 30 or 45 second clock.  My opinion is two-fold on this:

1.  Players who create 30 or 45 sec games are not doing it because they want a quick or fast-paced game.  They create these games to level the playing field because they're not as strong a player, and/or they want more careful players to timeout and thus lose a match or $$.

2. 30 or 45 sec games marginalize putting.  Typically, most players send drives and most approach shots off with enough study to fit those tight windows.  But Putting is a different story.  I take my time putting, as it's where the great players separate themselves from the very good players.  I don't know where I stand on average as a putter in WGT, but I feel I'm very good at it.  I think my stats show that, but it's very hard to see where I am on average.  So with a quick clock, those matches become games of intuition, and not a game of study.

Lastly, players that gripe about pace typically are doing this because they know they're up against a good player, and its more of an attempt to game the better player and try to disrupt them.  I'm very fair with players who complain about my pace.  I simply tell them they agreed upon the conditions of the game.  I didn't twist their arm to join.  The clock is clearly stated before they join.  I have no empathy for them , as I enjoy the game paced as I play it, and I'm never in a rush.  I also tell them this game is probably the last time we'll play each other as they'll know my game and the way I play it.

Sorry, but I'm not going to rush my game for you.  If you don't like it, don't play me.  It's your choice - not mine.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 12:49 PM

Slow like a pro, quick like a ***...lol

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 1:26 PM

Instead of responding with, "sorry, that's the way I play", you should have realized what u were up against and responded, "no habla english" and turned off or just ignored the chat!

LOL

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 4:15 PM

There is a 30 second shot clock available to anyone...whether they initiate the game,or look for a random one......remember this when someone sez ur too slow after taking 60 seconds to knock ur ball into wherever it may land🤓

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 4:25 AM

if u cant play with a 30 or 45 second timer u dont need to play u should know what ur going to hit when its ur turn come on man.............

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 7:53 AM

CubNicklaus:

What is it with the hurry up complaint? I've run into a few of these players that have said almost the same thing - that there is some unwritten 20 second shot clock and if I go over it I'm in violation of the unspoken code. 

I took screenshots, which I can't seem to past here but the exact conversation went like this:

Him: Bruh you have to speed up please. 35-40 seconds per shot is a little much.

Me: Sorry, but that's not how I play

Him: You don't have to, no reason come on man.

A few holes later....

Him: You're being very rude and inconsiderate to other people

Me: It's not about being considerate it's about playing a game

Him: Yep typical

2 holes to go.....

Him: Beyond rude man, wow

Me: How am I being rude?

Him: 35 seconds for shots on the average is very rude kiddo

Me: I didn't realize this was a race

Him: You're so immature wow. Clearly not a golfer and just a gamer. It's fine, best of luck with free pointless coins.

Me: Relax dude, it's a game

Him: Sorry you had to lose after spending 45 mins wasting time

Me: GG, well played

Keep in mind, I never got a warning for going over clock, I never cursed or responded harshly. I played my game, set up each shot and went through my routine usually with about 15 seconds left.  This is about the 4th player I've encountered that has demanded I speed up.  No one else has ever said anything about the secret code of sprinting to the next shot. He beat me, he was pretty good on his approach shots and I missed a few short putts. 

Anyone else encounter this baloney?

That player sounds like a real wanker.

RSS