Help › Forums

club distances

Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:37 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:36 AM
    oldhusker55:

why is it on one shot a club will go 20 yrds farther into the wind and the next time the same club will go 30 shorter shorter with the wind behind it when the dinger was hit both times. there is no reason i can see for this dramatic change in distance. i have lost  lots of expensive balls because of this. when i hit my real clubs i know within about 10 or 15 yrds how far they will go when hit the same. i believe this just another way for wgt to screw people out of money to buy new balls and equipment

In my case I found out what the reason for such circumstances is. There are these two guys that are responsible for a lot of strange things that happen in my life. So, if one of my shots goes farther than 20 yards as i calculated, in headwind, it must be the fault of Mr Johnny Walker. If one goes 30 yards shorter as I calculated, in tailwind, I blame it on Mr Jack Daniels. That system works for me and it lets me sleep well at night.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:50 AM
    HaHa, Good view of it. I don't drink anymore so unfortunately I don't have that excuse. Usually my stupid mistakes are caused from playing to much.
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2017 10:28 PM
    pdb1:
    Your 3400 alt shot rounds do not count or help with your game in anyway . They may be fun as hell but they aren't even good practice rounds . 
    Lol, that's a ridiculous statement. I found alt shots way more helpful than any practice round.
  • fourdude
    1,311 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 4:41 PM
    pdb1:
    GrampaD26354:
    The WGT developers LOVE their godlike players and cheaters. if you're one of them...or, if you're level exceeds 100...the best benefit is that the game no longer crocks your shots.

It doesn't sound like you are being facetious . 

But I have to wonder why you made that comment ?

GrampaD26354:
    The WGT developers LOVE their godlike players and cheaters.

God like players and cheaters are complete opposites .

There isn't anyone in WGT . Developers or players that condone cheating . 

GrampaD26354:
    or, if you're level exceeds 100...the best benefit is that the game no longer crocks your shots

There is no level that gets to avoid the VEM . In fact . The higher level players , especially over level 100 . Will have more altering In the way of making more common shots more difficult . Making it impossible for a player to beat the game . or play a perfect game . The program will not let that happen . Or even come close . 

Adversely on the lower end . The lower tiers will have the shots altered to be more likely to be made .

That is how the program is set . 

These are facts . The program is used as a hook . First to please and gain the interest of the players . Then to entice the need for purchases and upgrades . And finally as a tease to the masters of the game . To allow extremely good scores . But never good enough to beat the program . 

Well said!
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:19 PM
    pdb1:
    Your 3400 alt shot rounds do not count or help with your game in anyway
    Wrong. AS play is a great way to learn. Yes, they don't count on the stats but they sure as hell improve your game, playing with others. There's many a Legend hiding behind a high average and staying in their tier because they learn and level up playing AS. Then they go out and own Champions. Unless, of course, you play with stiffs that don't share.
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:37 PM
    I agree with YJ......I have played a ton of alts, and although it's always just for fun, there have been many times I have picked up a little tip along the way. Lots of players have discovered a personal "trick shot" and don't mind sharing their info. That's always cool......and something new to try next time around. .....................R.
  • PAGES
RSS