Forums

Help › Forums

Florida Players

Wed, Sep 27 2017 1:35 PM (31 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:10 PM

craigswan:

Going to sit it out . His first hurricane .

Wow, you don't "sit out" 150mph winds, you survive them! My best wishes for him, I wish he would listen to you though...

The storm will be strong, the water it is going to be crossing that feeds it is 90 degrees, 10 degrees warmer than the minimum to keep it strong...

Many many years ago we were wrapping up a 3 week vacation all over Florida in Destin...

there was a small H'cane(cat 1 or 2) coming and I wanted to stay and video it, having never seen one of course...

That thing sat out in the Gulf for 3 days, you could see the dark clouds, but it didn't seem to be moving anywhere...

We were going to stay until Tues., but on Sun. morning my wife opened the curtains and BOOM, it looked like it was a HUGE black wall cloud sitting a 100ft away LOL...

Needless to say I lost the battle to stay, and we took a little 2 lane highway to I-65, and after 10 miles or so, we did 5-10 mph tops in bumper to bumper traffic all the way to Birmingham Alabama....LOL

Good times though!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:43 PM

All the best guys!

Bjorn

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2017 5:07 PM

My wife's cousin left Fla. To go to Indiana, to sit it out.  His only comment was that the traffic , accidents and crazy drivers were horrible.   He wondered if maybe Irma would be safer if he had stayed in Fla.    Hours on the road at 10 mph, and people trying to pass and go faster, people driving in the mediums, on the shoulders, even through fields. Omg, can't imagine! 

• gatorman66
    307 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2017 5:37 PM

I am in Lakeland which is in Polk county which is expected to get hit hard.We are hunkered down and hoping for the best!!

• LDN3
    177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 3:07 AM

Prayers for everyone in Florida , Texas 

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 11:27 PM

Be safe and may God bless you all.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 7:46 PM

Prayers to all in the path of hurricane Irma. Staying safe with friend in another county near Orlando. Hope my 20 ft trailer is safe to return to after it's all over. Power went out around 3:30 pm Saturday just when I finished loading up my car.

God Bless Stay Safe

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 8:59 PM

We Texans are praying for you all down that way.  

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2017 7:40 AM

looks like the Keys , Marco Island and Naples took it rite on the nose ! probably really bad down there ! it was a cat 1 by the time it got to me , i never lost power . hoping everyone else made it out OK ...

• craigswan
    30,936 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2017 8:11 AM

My son stays in Miramar in Miami which is miles from the coast so only his fence fell down . Sand bags kept the water out .

But his wedding venue,the epic hotel in bricknell looks knee deep at least . Only the reception and bar is on the ground floor so here's hoping .

Did you see the catfish and alligator video's swimming in people's backyards .

RSS