Forums

Help › Forums

Best golf balls

Sun, Sep 3 2023 8:12 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gottiboy1985
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 1:26 PM

I was just wondering in the opinions of you all the best balls for meter, distance, and spin. Under 700 credits. And are the 850 credit max platinum worth the credits? I see the it has everything i want but pretty pricey 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 7:27 PM

There is no "best ball." What there is, is the best ball for your game and your clubs. And this is something you find out only by trying different balls. And then, once you find one that works, sticking with it until distance calculation, etc. becomes second nature

I've played all the top end Nikes and, while they're great performing balls, I've settled on the level 51 (or level 53, if you like a vapor trail) Volviks. Why? Because they give me consistently good, repeatable performance with the sticks I use. At 400 (450 for the vapor balls), they're excellent value for the money.

850 credit Max balls? If you have money to burn, why not?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 8:44 PM

you have to max 47 irons?

I might try a ball w/ more distance

mid spin

and mid meter 

SPECS

Like the Nike 48  at 400 creds

4.5 D

3.5 S

3 M 

I believe

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 2:55 AM

I've been using the Srixon 180 credit balls for over a year now. They don't have the distance or spin of the Nikes, but an extra club on the approach and (maybe) a bit more backspin on the shot is worth the 470 credits per sleeve I save from when I used to use the Level 90 Nikes.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 12:55 PM

p.s.

I would use the nike 61 over the nike 81 ball you're trying IMO

I mean, the pro fmagnets told me the 61 is overall more predictable (and he's using it at this moment) , but use what works best for you.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 3:13 PM

I've tried the Nike 61 a couple of times. For whatever reason, it didn't work well for me on my iPad. It might have been the ball, the iPad, or me. I have no idea. But the Level 81 ball works great, and I'm very comfortable with it.

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 3:02 AM

Rabbit274:

I've been using the Srixon 180 credit balls for over a year now. They don't have the distance or spin of the Nikes, but an extra club on the approach and (maybe) a bit more backspin on the shot is worth the 470 credits per sleeve I save from when I used to use the Level 90 Nikes.

Yup. They are my number one go to ball as well. Can't beat that performance for the price. I have played with starter ball, expensive Nike and Volvik balls as well as premium Callaway balls. When it comes to losing a ball in a water hazard for example, I don't cry if it's a Srixon 180 credit ball. :)

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2017 11:24 AM

There are many different balls. The question that you first need to ask is "Why do I play this game?"  Next is how much money (or time to get "free" credits) you want to put into the game. If you are simply playing for the fun and social aspects, the free white rocks work very nicely. If you use them exclusively, you will find that they work as well as the expensive balls. You adjust your game to these balls. 

If you are playing to get to a low average, go up in tiers, or win credits in tournaments or challenge matches, you will want to go to a ball with better spin characteristics and a slower meter.

It is best to know your game before you try to fit a ball to that game.

• Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 10:49 PM

on the slow meter thing..... I was interested in getting the expensive 5 distance balls , but the meter speeds are way too slow ,, ruins the timing and the rhythm of the shot .   The only custom balls u can get with zero metre speed only have a distance of 2.    You can practice with stock starter fee balls all yu want to and the meter  speed wont change and  u wont waste expensive balls .    wgt knows this and will not offer balls at 5 distance with 0 metre speed but wgt ruined it for their selves with their own sleaze bag proto call because slow metre speeds are stupid, take too long and ruin the game so I cannot purchase distance 5 balls anyway after being forced to do so by sleazebag proto call ,, because wgt don't have any with fast metre speeds . Ha , what a joke.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 11:52 AM
    Aboogaba:

on the slow meter thing..... I was interested in getting the expensive 5 distance balls , but the meter speeds are way too slow ,, ruins the timing and the rhythm of the shot .   The only custom balls u can get with zero metre speed only have a distance of 2.    You can practice with stock starter fee balls all yu want to and the meter  speed wont change and  u wont waste expensive balls .    wgt knows this and will not offer balls at 5 distance with 0 metre speed but wgt ruined it for their selves with their own sleaze bag proto call because slow metre speeds are stupid, take too long and ruin the game so I cannot purchase distance 5 balls anyway after being forced to do so by sleazebag proto call ,, because wgt don't have any with fast metre speeds . Ha , what a joke.

Translation: Please consider offering a ball with a distance spec of 5 with a meter speed spec of 0.

Actually I think all balls should have a “sliding scale setting” so you can tweak the settings, up to to max ball specs, to your liking.
  • PAGES
RSS