Forums

Help › Forums

Explain this!

Mon, Feb 15 2021 6:24 AM (50 replies)
  • PokerBike
    52 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:05 AM

I've been playing here since 2009. Have progressed up the levels & tiers.  I've read a lot of people complain & *** about everything they could think of.  Everyone that plays here at the WGT has seen or experienced strange things.  I've been one of those that has not complained of such occurrences.  After all, it is just a game.  But this really has me shaking my head.  It's not that I was playing in a country club tourney, it's not that the ball went OB.  What does bother me is that I lost that ball.  A Nike level 92,  750 credits for 3 balls.

Now, if someone can explain how it happened that makes sense,  I'll move on and act like nothing happened but that I lost a ball.

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON=%7B%22GUID%22%3A%22894fbb3f-30ab-4c29-b5c5-a7d401349b78%22%2C%22Brand%22%3A%22%22%7D

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:49 AM

I've made your replay clickable to encourage others to look at it.

The insane bounces off the flagstick are a very old problem.  It happens very rarely but the chance of it happening make it worthwhile pulling the flagstick before every approach shot.  You can always put it back in after you've hit the shot so you can watch the ball zero in on it.

I can understand your frustration, from what looked like being an albatross to an out of bounds and probably par at best.  Not to mention the lost ball of course.

Send it to CS, they'll quite likely give you a sleeve.

• PokerBike
    52 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:58 AM

Thank you, I appreciate it. I didn't know how to do it.

Normally I do pull the pin on an approach shot. But, 190 yards and a 26 MPH cross wind, I thought I wouldn't come close to the hole.  LOL.

It didn't bother me that I hit the flag and got a bad bounce, but it went 175 yards after it hit the flag. THAT is what bothers me. Im certainly no genius, but I don't think it's scientifically or mathematically possible......In real life.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:39 AM

PokerBike:

Thank you, I appreciate it. I didn't know how to do it.

Normally I do pull the pin on an approach shot. But, 190 yards and a 26 MPH cross wind, I thought I wouldn't come close to the hole.  LOL.

It didn't bother me that I hit the flag and got a bad bounce, but it went 175 yards after it hit the flag. THAT is what bothers me. Im certainly no genius, but I don't think it's scientifically or mathematically possible......In real life.

Well dont forget that it also had the help of a 26+mph wind helping it go that far . From that distance it may not have hit the stick but the top of the hole . The hole is lined with a piece of pvc pipe which is hard plastic . Contact with that is like hitting concrete add that 26+ wind and yeah it can go that far and even farther .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:48 AM

As already said it happens:)..........Had same thing same hole myself.  Contact CS with the replay and will be fine (again as said).

I had a putt go a bit doolally, IMO, recently..........Happens once in every great while.  Mostly all just 100% verifiably my fault even to me:)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 11:07 AM

PokerBike:
    I don't think it's scientifically or mathematically possible......In real life.

True! This shot went double distance, 190 to the hole and 190 away which means that it left the flag with the same impulse that it had at the clubface, while it's supposed to stop on the green and thus should have used up most of it's kinetic energy. There must be some weird energy transfer from the flagstick!

We had more reports like this five years ago and sometimes spoke of marble flagsticks then ;)

OTOH, there are considerable bounces from the flagsticks in real golf! Youtube shows quite a few unfortunate outcomes off the greens from the PGA Tour etc., sometimes into the water. At Merion, they have stiffer flagsticks due to the baskets, causing some trouble at the US Open.

• craaaaaaaaze8
    458 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:36 PM

pure and simple..wgt screws with the performance of all clubs and equipment. its not hard to figure out why...lol . this may very well be just a game..but it far from being a free game. you wouldnt be at the level you are not now if it were. its not just the equipment wgt *** with, its also the courses and conditions. you may be playing something that says 20 mph wind, but chances are they are either higher or lower. wgt knows it does this and can call it bugs or whatever they want. its just another dishonest internet game, possibly the most dishonest. now to prove my point, lets see how many wgt employee players jump on this post, because there are alot of those playing. also remember, there is NO player that can score in the low 50's every game..if they do, they are using cheats and those people to are probably wgt employees. you wont get the truth from those who deny wgt is a fucked up dishonest game. everything from your meter , equipment and conditions are subject to being manipulated by wgt at any given moment. and if you post something like what im posting or complain, your game will get much worse. Truth hurts those who deny it. wrestling is real and so is santa...

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:11 PM

I just have 1 question

How did you not get f*cked sensored?

Are you perhaps the WGT player in sheep's clothing???

• craaaaaaaaze8
    458 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:35 PM

no affiliation with wgt other than playing this game...2 reasons why

Butt naked so no sheeps clothing

i wouldnt stoop that low...lol

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:04 PM

I have 2 questions.

1)  How did you get to Champion Tier if the game is so controlled by WGT?

2)  If it's that bad, why are you still here?

RSS