Forums

Help › Forums

my avg score

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 22 2017 3:35 PM (5 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:45 AM

can someone  tell me why all of a sudden my avg score is frozen at 71,36 has not moved even 1 100th no matter was score i post?  this is been like this for at least 20 to 30 rounds nobody is this consistent?  it is like my scores are no longer counting i am fairly new to wgt and as such have only about 150 rounds posted so this makes no sense to me at all it was moving about every rd then just stopped. now i watched my friend play 9 go 3 under and his ave moved .38 and he has way more posted rounds then me?  any idea's  thanks

• WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:02 AM

Hey JDGHOST,

To lower your average, you would want to shoot below what your current average is for 18 hole ranked rounds. The score for 9 hole rounds is doubled to count towards your average as well. For example, it looks like your last score was a 36 which would be a 72 for 18 holes. Your current average is 71.12 so you would want to shoot a 70 for 18 holes to lower your average or a 35 for 9 holes. As long as your final score is below your average for a ranked round, it should lower it. Hope this helps!

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:55 AM

J: Your average most certainly wasn't 71.36 when you wrote your post. It must have been 71.2 then and has moved to 71.12 after your post.

Sorry to contradict you, Mr. S (and a friendly Hallo! after your long absence from the forum), but it was the very 36=72 which produced the move though it was higher than the average itself. I suggest that you seek information on the non-linear characteristics of the saturated average ;)

J, all your TP scores are still in the score history, from 33=66 (2x) to one 45=90. The best 25 scores which now form your average go into the 74 range.

For the last 15 games before the last, you have shot between 74 and 84 and none of these could rattle at your average.

Before that, on Saturday, you had a 34, a 33 and a 35 which will have moved your average.

In conclusion, you now have 4x 74 to undercut, then 12x 72 and so forth. But don't worry about that because your goal is still far away, 67.00...

But, it's insane to stare at the average - it will move less the further you get!

Instead, may I suggest you to concentrate on the game and on the views and on the fun and just let the average happen!

Hit it straight!!

• jayd1960
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 11:11 AM

I am in the same boat. I am on level 64 and my average has been 86 for ever. It has never changed in the last 40 levels. And I know I am shooting close to even.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 5:44 PM

ty for the detailed explanation and taking your time to do so.I do  understand it clearer now I am having fun and working on my game. And loving the WGT am i to understand  that to move to next level in my case master i will need to reach a 67.00 avg?   IF THAT'S THE CASE I WONDER WHY I SEE MANY HIGHER RANKED PLAYERS WITH HIGH AVG'S [sorry bout caps was not intentional] i just played with 2 tour masters  74 and 77 avg's and they both played to those avg's just made me ponder how they got to that ranking in the first place??Anyway thanks again and keep up the good work!

alosso:

J: Your average most certainly wasn't 71.36 when you wrote your post. It must have been 71.2 then and has moved to 71.12 after your post.

Sorry to contradict you, Mr. S (and a friendly Hallo! after your long absence from the forum), but it was the very 36=72 which produced the move though it was higher than the average itself. I suggest that you seek information on the non-linear characteristics of the saturated average ;)

J, all your TP scores are still in the score history, from 33=66 (2x) to one 45=90. The best 25 scores which now form your average go into the 74 range.

For the last 15 games before the last, you have shot between 74 and 84 and none of these could rattle at your average.

Before that, on Saturday, you had a 34, a 33 and a 35 which will have moved your average.

In conclusion, you now have 4x 74 to undercut, then 12x 72 and so forth. But don't worry about that because your goal is still far away, 67.00...

But, it's insane to stare at the average - it will move less the further you get!

Instead, may I suggest you to concentrate on the game and on the views and on the fun and just let the average happen!

Hit it straight!!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 3:35 PM

Once you move up a tier, your average will reset to the first score you post after you advance.  For example, if you move up and then shoot a 78 on 18 holes, that will be your average.  Or a 39 for 9 holes.  39 X 2 = 78.

RSS