Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2017 12:52 AM

Proboards

If you wish to join then come right ahead. Register with WGT username and then an invite will follow.

Please take time reading posts on here, all of it true, when we claim activity we mean it. No false promises from me here.

Of course thats not just activity in club comps but a very busy proboards forum.

I will add we are not one of these lower your average through red tee clubs, hence why we generally kick the butt of other Inter CC teams who use that format constantly.

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 11:01 AM

Would just like to add to the plaudits already posted.

I joined SEL a few months ago really not sure what to expect as only been playing 4-5 months total. Can't even remember the name of my initial CC but thought there really must be more to offer than this somewhere or other!? 

I really, really can't praise the Club highly enough. Everyone is welcomed with open arms and made to feel extremely welcome. The help and advice offered by so many talented players is immediately evident, and my own game has come on considerably in a relatively short space of time because of this.

No ego's here; each and every player is encouraged to do well, victories are always generously applauded. A huge depth of competitions for all tiers and a website that has to be seen to be believed by way of its structure and content!

Huge thanks to Bubbs and the many others who've helped make this game so enjoyable, fun and competitive. Feel I really landed on my feet joining SEL, and proud to call it home 😀👍

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 3:17 AM

I'm one of those previously mentioned who run a few of the comps here, so let me tell you a bit more about them.

Double Elimination Matchplay

As implied by the title, a Matchplay Comp where you get 2 bites at the cherry.  Always a pile of prizes on offer and many matches live streamed for other members to watch and discuss on our Chatbox.  Here are a few examples:

DE MP Sept-Dec 2016

DE MP Feb-Apr 2017

DE MP Jun-Aug 2017

Current Ongoing DE MP

SEL Leagues

Format

4 Leagues of 22 Players. 21 fixures per season, round robin format.  Scores are taken from respective CC Tournament.

Premier
    Championship
    Division 1
    Division 2

At the end of each season the top 4 from each league get promoted and the bottom 4 get relegated bar the Prem/Champ which is 3 up/down. 

Anyone not in the 4 main divisions are automatically entered into Division 3 once they post a score. At the end of the season the bottom 4 from Division 2 are replaced with the top 4 from Division 3. 

Points System

For the 4 main leagues:
    5 Points – Win
    3 Points – Draw
    2 Points – Loss(With Completed Round)
    0 Points – WD

Our SEL League section is open for guests to view on our busy WEBSITE.  Why not take a look and see what the fuss is all about.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 2:07 PM

As above some great comps here at SEL. However that's just the tip of the iceberg. You will be astounded at the amount and variety of comps here. Play them all or just a few. It's up to you.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:41 AM

PTrenter:

I'm one of those previously mentioned who run a few of the comps here, so let me tell you a bit more about them.

Double Elimination Matchplay

As implied by the title, a Matchplay Comp where you get 2 bites at the cherry.  Always a pile of prizes on offer and many matches live streamed for other members to watch and discuss on our Chatbox.  Here are a few examples:

DE MP Sept-Dec 2016

DE MP Feb-Apr 2017

DE MP Jun-Aug 2017

Current Ongoing DE MP

SEL Leagues

Format

4 Leagues of 22 Players. 21 fixures per season, round robin format.  Scores are taken from respective CC Tournament.

Premier
    Championship
    Division 1
    Division 2

At the end of each season the top 4 from each league get promoted and the bottom 4 get relegated bar the Prem/Champ which is 3 up/down. 

Anyone not in the 4 main divisions are automatically entered into Division 3 once they post a score. At the end of the season the bottom 4 from Division 2 are replaced with the top 4 from Division 3. 

Points System

For the 4 main leagues:
    5 Points – Win
    3 Points – Draw
    2 Points – Loss(With Completed Round)
    0 Points – WD

Our SEL League section is open for guests to view on our busy WEBSITE.  Why not take a look and see what the fuss is all about.

As per the last part of Trents advert above..........the league section

We had a fantastic turnout from our members for our new 3 week league season

As per here

103 members played that fixture 1 and the turnout in all the other seven comps was as impressive.

Activity gets bandied about by folk and sometimes you may go and see only a handful of members are actually playing.........not here, activity is second to none in both club comps and in our proboards banter.

Contact myself for more info or come join our proboards website and see for yourself.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:20 PM

Here at SEL we love Inter CC Matchplay. Great way to meet new players and enjoy some great head to head golf.

Currently we are in a real no holds barred arm wrestle with the Outkasts. Its' coming down to the wire and it's neck and neck. Has been a wonderful match with a great bunch from the Outkasts CC.

If you have always wanted to play mplay against other clubs then we have all you can handle here at SEL.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:03 PM

Slightly out of context maybe but I have found myself in a situation where I need / needed to leave the golf alone and concentrate on things at home but.......

Only been a few days and I miss my Mates at SEL more than I can say, Yep may sound weird and feel free to throw a bit of disparagement my way but that is the truth..

Can`t wait to get back and be involved... Better than Real Life Any Day..!

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 12:19 AM

It's all been said in the previous posts.

Great people.

Great competitions and tournaments with excellent participation.

And a great forum.

What more could you want in a Country Club?

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 12:28 AM

Bump to the top

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 3:48 PM

The SEL inter CC side just had a superb contest with the Outkasts CC.

Lots of very close matches with everyone having a great time.

Playing matchplay against other CC's  is a great way to meet new friends and continue battles with old ones. We have lots of this format here at SEL. 

RSS