Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 6:02 AM
    Newcomer’s perspective: __________________________________________________________________ As of a couple of days ago and being the club’s latest recruit, I can vouch for all that has been said above and more. Having left a club that was run by headless chickens with little game and even zero IT skills but with just a penchant for control. Calls by one or two to add some structure and organisation to the place, were frowned upon and quickly put down, the forum itself being just one open mess. There is no such nonsense at SEL. __________________________________________________________________ SEL couldn’t be more diametrically opposite. Everything is sub-divided with many of the members opening their own competition/tourney pages, adding to the plethora of those set by the club officials responsible. Everything is laid out in a neat and tidy manner making whatever it is you are looking for, easy to find. No more scrolling through reams of posts just to find a tourney that has no definitive start or finish date or rules that change daily subject to a control freak director. Micha and Kyle come on over, it is structured heaven. __________________________________________________________________ Cons, if you can call them that? Well there’s a schizoid Aussie running around the place who doesn’t know which one of fifteen names to call himself by. A Smoggy who must have either St. Vitus’s Dance or extreme IBS as he seems to be everywhere you look. Then finally there’s the owner. A real friendly and able ‘person’ yet who exhibits a very dodgy taste in nail varnish. Haven’t made up my mind about that one yet. __________________________________________________________________ Anyone who is looking for the perfect CC , then get your derriere into gear and come on over.
  • neilrobb
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 10:57 AM
    My first CC and my last (unless I get booted out) cant say anymore
  • shing1
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:27 AM
    great cc lots of tournements n leagues every week n plenty of competiton across all tiers to make it tough but fun! even the admin are good guys...:)
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2017 7:56 PM
    For those who like to live on the edge we have heaps of slightly off center comps. I tell you these things are heaps of fun. From Starters to Uneven if you want a bit of spice then SEL is the place.
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:58 PM
    SELutations everyone. Our doors remain open for any new players. People who play often and want to join in on the fun of WGT then SEL is the very place you have been looking for.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 3:15 PM
    Few good friendly folk have joined recently........plenty posts on this advert for you to read as i dont just "bump" and it may help you come to the best decision............that is to join our fun and games.......We have our own long established proboards site so the WGT scew up on here does not affect us..........except this message.........but i could use Scottys workaround if need ;-)
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 5:19 PM
    MATCHPLAY... The World Cup and CC Vs CC games are all about this. At SEL we have loads and loads of Mplay for all tiers. Some Handicapped and some not. Some with your clubs and ball and some with starter everything. You can't help but get better at Matchplay here. Head to Head is such a great way to enjoy this game.
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2017 1:27 PM
    WGT messaging and Forum posts sometimes don't work. SEL has it's own "Proboard" Forums. Always lots of people getting involved and having a great time. The SEL messaging system always works and provides invaluable help in setting up Match Play and social rounds with other members. SEL- Just good people having a lot of fun playing golf. :-)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 11:43 AM

We have had quite a few active and friendly members join us of late and they are very impressed with the work that goes into this club. 

Not just from the admin, but quite a few other members who organise their own competitions, which is encouraged here.

Again, these are not just setting a club comp and having done with. Thats no good to us here, they produce fixtures and tables to go alongside their competitions.

I have used Scottys editor for this but it does not affect our club as we do not use the broken WGT forum, we have our own proboards website and all our events and banter are on there.

No club can match our activity and i doubt they can match our top class events. Be that a league of over 100 members, a 12 week rolling Order of Merit or our SELEX cup.

Put that alongside our 50 strong top Inter CC team, then i feel this maybe the club for you. 

Logging onto WGT and just playing the same old same old may get boring.......not here.

Contact me if wish to join

Thanks.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 11:36 PM
    We currently have 8 Aussie members A handfull more wouldnt go astray. So if you are a keen WGT'er why not become a keen SEL'er
RSS